Posted to rec.woodworking,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Default THIS NG IS RUINED. HERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
On Apr 6, 2:55 pm, wrote:
I no longer come here much. I leave the spammers to convert (or sell
to) each other. I have foundwww.woodworking.orgas a much better
site. The users are universally friendly. There are no spammers. No
flamers. The degree of knowledge and information is wonderful. Try
it.

I encourage people to fight back by displaying the headers and
sending complaints to abuse@ the domain name of the injection
point of the abusive article. Ironically, Google makes it very easy
send complaints to Google, where it would seem they are being
ignored for the present.

There was a massive spam assault on Usenet several years
ago and it was successfully beaten back, though it took threats
of the Usenet Death Penalty (UDP) to do it. The UDP may
have to be revived to get the attention of Google

Don't let the spammers win.

A number of newsgroups with a lot of activity have seen lots of spam for
about
a month or more. Ones I know about are sci.math, sci.crypt and
sci.electronic.design
(I think). One person in sci.math has automated the process of reporting
sci.math Usenet abuse messages originating from Google to Google.
That way his program has sent hundreds of reports to Google.

The newsgroup news.admin.net-abuse.usenet (or NANAU) is a good place
to discuss on-going Usenet abuse problems. It's not moderated.
In the last week or so, there's been discussion with spam from
Google Groups users. Some are starting to think about the possibility of
a UDP against Google.

I've added news.admin.net-abuse.usenet, so this message will probably
be cross-posted to rec.woodworking and NANAU.

David Bernier