Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworker's Showcase Saratoga Springs, NY

Reminder!

With an endorsement from Chris Schwarz's blog today:

http://www.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/

A few years ago, I attended the Woodworkers Showcase show in Saratoga
Springs, N.Y., and I was amazed. It was the most perfect woodworking show I
had ever attended. Why? Because of four things....

[...]

Sounds great. Now, if only I still lived in Albany....

OK, It's an unabashed plug... I'm on the planning committee! ;~)

Northeastern Woodworkers Association's

17th Annual Fine Woodworking Show

SHOWCASE

April 5th & 6th, 2008
Saratoga Springs City Center
Saratoga Springs, New York

Featured presenters include:

I have to agree with John and Chris. I have beeen to the last five
shows and will be at this one. It's a great show and as Chirs says you
can beat the price.

Joe....www.srww.com

a. Doug Stowe -- box maker, furniture maker, author of books and articles,
teacher, and rec.woodworking participant --www.dougstowe.com

Charlie,

Aren't you writing a book on woodworking? Sounds like a business trip
to me.

Joe.....
www.srww.com

[...]

Yabbut...the book is due in about four weeks. Taking time out for a
trip just isn't something I can do right now. It's 7 days, as many
hours as possible per, until due date. There're still some slight bits
of photography to do, then I have to collate all the other photos
already on hand, which doesn't note that I need time to write about
another 10,000 words, maybe more.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Chiefwoodworker" wrote in message
| On Apr 2, 7:43 am, Charlie Self wrote:
| On Apr 1, 9:01 pm, Chiefwoodworker wrote:
|

| On Apr 1, 6:28 pm, "John Grossbohlin"
| wrote:
|
| Reminder!
|
| With an endorsement from Chris Schwarz's blog today:
|
| http://www.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/
|
| A few years ago, I attended the Woodworkers Showcase show in
Saratoga
| Springs, N.Y., and I was amazed. It was the most perfect woodworking
show I
| had ever attended. Why? Because of four things....

I was thinking the same thing...

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RF" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:
Reminder!

With an endorsement from Chris Schwarz's blog today:

http://www.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/

A few years ago, I attended the Woodworkers Showcase show in Saratoga
Springs, N.Y., and I was amazed. It was the most perfect woodworking show
I had ever attended. Why? Because of four things....

I agree, no better way to spend a Saturday morning. Nice to see some
locals here, I live in Latham and try to make it every year.

Come join us! http://www.woodworker.org/ General meetings are at the Shaker
site across from Albany Airport.

We run an extensive educational program in addition to putting on the Show
each year. I've got a class scheduled at the Mid-Hudson shop in Hurley, NY
on how to make a drawer with hand tools, including hand cut dovetails...
Last weekend of June.

John