Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A story about donkey

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried
piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.
Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be
covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all
grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the
donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to
everyone's amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He
was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his
back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off
and take a step up.
As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the
animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.
Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the
edge of the well and
happily trotted off!
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to
getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of
our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells
just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step
up.

You can read much more on BoomerMingle.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well.

snip

Two flies fall into a bowl of cream.

One drowns, other thrashes around like mad, turns cream into butter,
and walks out.

Different story, same theme and end result.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Don't you feel like a horses ass dispensing corny donkey stories?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 31, 11:56*pm, "Lee Michaels" wrote:
Don't you feel like a horses ass dispensing corny donkey stories?

Hee Ahhhlways does that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Don't you feel like a horses ass dispensing corny donkey stories?

Tsk, tsk ... to a jackass, in every bit of corn there's a kernel of tru..
err, methane.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

moral of story, life can be great, just be careful for the assholes that
try to consume you.
ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

some people just don't care if they get their ass outta the hole, so
they always look to someone else for help.
ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 1:11*am, (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:
moral of story, life can be great, just be careful for the assholes that
try to consume you.
ross

Donkey: We can stay up late, watch Scary Movies, and in the morning,
I'm making waffles!
Posted to rec.woodworking

unfortunately my being up late is not a matter of my choice, my dang
back problems don't allow more than about 1 hour of sleep at a time
plus just had a steroid shot into the nerve gong down the leg and that
stuff gives me insomnia .
the aging process oh how fun, but better than the alternative i guess.
if i lay too long i can't get my donkey outta bed, rig starts settig in.
ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ross Hebeisen" wrote:

unfortunately my being up late is not a matter of my choice, my dang
back problems don't allow more than about 1 hour of sleep at a time
plus just had a steroid shot into the nerve gong down the leg and
that
stuff gives me insomnia .

Ouch! Nasty stuff those steriods.

the aging process oh how fun, but better than the alternative i
guess.

As the old saying goes, ".. beats the hell out of the alternative."

if i lay too long i can't get my donkey outta bed, rig starts settig
in.

Good luck.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking