Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pineywood Derby - District Finals

Little Dude got Second Place in his District today.

He is happy.

This is his last Pineywood Derby Race.

His Daddy is happy.

The car was made of wood.

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Tom Watson wrote in
:

Little Dude got Second Place in his District today.

He is happy.

This is his last Pineywood Derby Race.

His Daddy is happy.

The car was made of wood.

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

We need pictures, Tom!!!
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:52:59 GMT, Han wrote:

We need pictures, Tom!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/o...ddistricts.wmv

This is the link to the first cut of the raw video from the race.

It is in Windows Media format, so Mac and Linux Cultists may have a
tough time with it.

My son and I will work on the video during the next couple of weeks to
make it more watchable.

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:12:08 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

This is the link to the first cut of the raw video from the race.

Is his the Lacewood car? G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking
RLM RLM is offline

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:12:08 -0400, Tom Watson wrote:

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:52:59 GMT, Han wrote:

We need pictures, Tom!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/o...ddistricts.wmv

This is the link to the first cut of the raw video from the race.

It is in Windows Media format, so Mac and Linux Cultists may have a
tough time with it.

My son and I will work on the video during the next couple of weeks to
make it more watchable.

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Opened with Totem and played fine on Linux.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:36:03 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

Little Dude got Second Place in his District today.

Excellent!

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-FAST-PINEWOOD-DERBY-CAR-BUILT-by-PHYSICS-TEACHER_W0QQitemZ330220325218QQihZ014QQcategoryZ25 95QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$200!!!

Put the little dude to work! G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

wrote:

Little Dude got Second Place in his District today.

Excellent!

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-FAST-PINEWOOD-DERBY-CAR-BUILT-by-PHYSICS-TEACHER_W0QQitemZ330220325218QQihZ014QQcategoryZ25 95QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$200!!!

Put the little dude to work! G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

This is not a knock on you, barry, but what is the message that this guy is
sending??? Forget about doing it yourself, just BUY yourself a
winner/trophy/accomplishment/praise.... Makes we want to barf. Kudos to
all the dads (wreckers and otherwise) who watch their sons car place last,
but know that it was their *son's* car that placed there. Yeah, sure, *we*
could've done it better, but we didn't because we know that it's a race for
nine year old kids, not thirtynine year old kids.

Again, no offense Barry, but that eBay'er is just friggin wrong.

jc

BTW, I like your rides. I get around on a trek 2300.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

If you want the kid to have a super-whizzbang then teach him how to
make a super-whizzbang, don't do it for him or buy him one.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

joe wrote:

Again, no offense Barry, but that eBay'er is just friggin wrong.

I agree!

I was being facetious.
Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

If you want the kid to have a super-whizzbang then teach him how to
make a super-whizzbang, don't do it for him or buy him one.

Exactly!

The point was that Tawm's "Little Dude" might have a promising skill.

Think about it... His successful kid can make cars that parents who
don't get the whole point of the Pineywood Derby are willing to pay $200
for, and Tom can retire to a life of leisure! G

Posted to rec.woodworking

Isn't the idea for the kid to learn something about tools and design?

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
wrote:

Little Dude got Second Place in his District today.

Excellent!

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-FAST-PINEWOOD-DERBY-CAR-BUILT-by-PHYSICS-TEACHER_W0QQitemZ330220325218QQihZ014QQcategoryZ25 95QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$200!!!

Put the little dude to work! G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Posted to rec.woodworking

asmurff wrote:
Isn't the idea for the kid to learn something about tools and design?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! G

Pineywood - Redux Tom Watson Woodworking 5 March 5th 06 04:13 PM
Pineywood Race - without bogus name Tom Watson Woodworking 18 January 25th 06 04:46 AM
Pineywood Xylem Woodworking 6 December 23rd 05 02:16 AM
PineyWood Derby Racer - Beta Version - Film At Eleven! Tom Watson Woodworking 20 March 10th 05 02:35 PM