Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Ridgid TS 36-6-0!

snip
TIP: read the assembly instructions all the way through before you put it
together..
If I remember this right, I didn't see any point in assembling the stand,
flipping it upright and doing a few steps and then flipping it upside down again
to put the Herculift on it...
I'm guessing that at one time the lift was an option and the assembly was
towards the back of the instructions.

Got my 36-5-0 last weekend near Houston; no 3660 seen.
They sound very close.
Don't throw out the box before cutting off the UPC. You need it for the 'Lifetime Service Agreement'.

If the manual is the same for the 60 as the 50, read the instructions that came with it, download the ones on the Ridgid site, look carefully at the pictures, and take an average.

The Herculift can installed with the saw vertical- just slide the two assembly pieces between the the legs after taking one screw out of the wide bracket so it will scissor between the legs.
The pic for the lift in my book showed the lower assembly supports attaching at a 90 degree angle. They don't. The upper and lower are really more like two A frames, with one inverted so it slides into the other.
The lift assemblies go on TOP of the brackets on the stand. (duh - it says so....)
Drawings in the 'Repair Sheet' book are much better than in the assembly manual.

Belt tensioning was confusing by the book and took a long time. Rough starts, thrown belts, climbing on pulleys, etc. Instructions show it far too loose.
Some of the manual is a hodge-podge, like the step for installing the belt comes immediately before installing the belt guard, which starts with 'remove the belt'.
And, while bolt sizes are listed in English units, metric fits better (I think they were mostly 10 and 11).

All that said, once assembled, it's sweet.
Going out now to make a sled and sacrificial fence.

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

I just pulled the motor out until there was a little deflection on the
spring and that seems to have done it.

And, while bolt sizes are listed in English units, metric fits
better
(I think they were mostly 10 and 11).

Yeah, some of the fasteners are schizoid--English thread and metric
head.

All that said, once assembled, it's sweet.
Going out now to make a sled and sacrificial fence.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Ridgid TS 36-6-0! J. Clarke Woodworking 17 March 16th 08 06:14 AM
Ridgid jointer? JohnR66 Woodworking 4 December 23rd 06 01:42 AM
Ridgid Table Saw? Nobody Woodworking 4 May 6th 04 04:13 PM
ridgid tools Rob Hall Woodworking 11 February 24th 04 11:58 PM
Ridgid George Metalworking 29 November 1st 03 06:19 AM