Scott

Default Arts & Crafts Kitchen Cabinet Inspiration/ Sources

Hello,

I was reading through my copy of "In The Craftsman Way" by Taunton and
was very taken by the Kitchen Cabinets done by Matthew Kirby toward
the end of the book. I have made several searches on Google for
mission/ craftsman/ arts & crafts kitchen cabinets but have only come
up with a few not so impressive results.

Are any of you familiar with Kirby's work or others who have produced
such elegant cabinets? Can anyone else suggest a specific book or
books with similar cabinet styles? I would love to takle a job like
this some day!

Thank you very much,

Scott
John Laurence Poole

Take a look at p. 117 of the book Makinson, et alia, "Greene & Greene -
The Blacker House" ISBN 0-87905-949-4. the cabinet design is exquisite.
Although the cabinets were originally painted, the paint was removed
exposing the Port Orford cedar, a semi-opaque stain was used to hide
the asorbed white undercoat. The Alaskan yellow cedar counter top is
replacement to the original, the material of which I do not know.

sigh

John Poole