Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta T2 fence on Craftsman TS

I have been using my Craftsman table saw with the stock Align-a-Rip
fence for a few years now. Just recently I did a tune-up on the saw
(which is another story altogether), and found that the fence is bent
about .015", and it will not lock straight consistently. Since the saw
locks in the back of the saw too, it also makes out-feed tables
difficult to build.

I was in Lowes the other day and saw the T2 fence for $150. I have done
some research and the T2 fence seems to get fairly good reviews after a
few problems attaching it, but I was wanting to know if anyone in this
group actually has one and what is it really like to use it.

I know that the saw is "just" a Craftsman and I don't want to put
lipstick on a pig. A new saw is out of the question, but I don't want
to blow $150 either. So to those who have the T2 fence, what do you
think of them? How much better off would I be? Is it worth the $150?

Thanks,

Wayne