Posted to rec.woodworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default Delta T2 fence on Craftsman TS

I have the T2 and I like it. I was thinking of upgrading, but liked it
enough to keep it. Granted it's not a Beismeyer, but it does a fine job
for me. The faces on mine were fine out of the box, but even if they
weren't it's an easy fence to shim. Be aware though that it isn't a very
heavy fence, so if you aren't careful it may lift at the rear. The fence
has a clip on it that catches on the rear rail in case the fence lifts.
The scale is accurate, it pushes smoothly, and it's easy to attach jigs
to.

Cheers,

Dale

Good to hear, thanks. I would love to get a Bies too, but that would be
putting more than lipstick on the pig. I went over to Lowes and bought
the fence and have looked at it. For some reason I have never considered
the rear rail. I just thought that the front rail was so heavy duty that
it supported the fence. I see these people on TV that have these huge
out-feed tables attached to their cabinet saws and they appear to be
butted directly to the saw table. Where does a rear rail fit? Anyway, I
did some checking and even the Bies has a rear rail. Do you know if it
also has the "clip" to keep it from raising?

I don't have one but a friend of mine does...what he did was to NOT put the
rear rail on, relying purely of the front rail. When he built the outfeed
table, which is bolted directly to the table top of the saw, he included a
run of tee-track parallel with the back of the table so that if needed, he
could put a hold down on the fence so that he could use a feather board
without lifting the fence.

Just a thought

Mike