Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sentient pearwood, anybody? (OT?)

SWMBO is going to Europe for 3 months, and I thought a Luggage might be just
the thing. More space than a tardis, combined with bodyguard functions ... and
will absolutely NOT get pilfered or get dope planted into during transit.
Don't really fancy springing for all those Nikes though.

So where would YOU start looking for sentient pearwood? Oh, and plans might
not hurt I suppose, I am not sure I have the multi-dimensional thing down pat.
Any Ancient Craftsmen from the Counterweight Continent lurking in this group?

-P.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote in
news:090320082312061344%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca:

Do you mean *sapient* pearwood, perchance?

If it's sentient, he might have to buy it a ticket for the trip home.
Either that, or go with an airline that allows animals.

Puckdropper
marching band.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Peter Huebner wrote:

SWMBO is going to Europe for 3 months, and I thought a Luggage might be just
the thing. More space than a tardis, combined with bodyguard functions ... and
will absolutely NOT get pilfered or get dope planted into during transit.
Don't really fancy springing for all those Nikes though.

So where would YOU start looking for sentient pearwood? Oh, and plans might
not hurt I suppose, I am not sure I have the multi-dimensional thing down pat.
Any Ancient Craftsmen from the Counterweight Continent lurking in this group?

-P.

P,

I think what you're looking for would be a "Foldbox" - which, like a
TARDIS is "Dimentionally Trancendental", i.e. Bigger on the inside
than it is on the outside, but without the time & transport functions.

See Heinlein's "Glory Road" for further description.

-Kevin in Indy
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........
Posted to rec.woodworking

Kevin M. Vernon wrote:
Peter Huebner wrote:

[...]

Nahh, a Sapient Pearwood Luggage is a much more useful device in that
among other things it eats your enemies and finds you no matter _how_
hard you try to lose it.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)