Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Rigid 3650 on sale at HD

Come daylight I start calling Houston area stores.

From: "J. Clarke"
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Rigid 3650 on sale at HD
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 22:05:23 -0500

homedepot.com still shows it at $549.
You sure this wasn't just one floor model or just at one store?
I've been looking for one on sale for 2 years.

Was 479 at the Home Depot here. Damned near pushed me off center to
get the dang thing.
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

-----------------------------Post---------------------------------

Posted to rec.woodworking

Come daylight I start calling Houston area stores.

From: "J. Clarke"
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 22:05:23 -0500
pc1c95bbfff000000600ee107ce535515411827f1b9ee47dd. newsdawg.com

homedepot.com still shows it at $549.
You sure this wasn't just one floor model or just at one store?
I've been looking for one on sale for 2 years.

Was 479 at the Home Depot here. Damned near pushed me off center to
get the dang thing.

Well, was 466 here today. And a happy coincidence. Right now for
various reasons I need a pressure washer more than I need a saw. Was
going to get one at Sears and lo and behold there was one open box at
Home Depot that would do the job for about 200 bucks less than the
Sears price. So that and the saw would be about 200 bucks more than I
was going to pay for the pressure washer alone. So I dropped the
hammer (and thank God nobody dropped the saw on anybody--that's one
_heavy_ cardboard box--it's all in one box now, not two like it used
to be). Got the pressure washer home and found out the deal on
it--somebody needed a new wand so they bought the thing, took the
wand, and returned it sans wand. If HD can't swap it for one with
wand or provide me a wand, the replacement cost is 25 bucks so I'm
still way ahead.

Now, need to clear a place for the saw and put in an outlet for it and
then unload it. Manana.

Bad news though, they would _not_ take the Harbor Freight coupon.
Policy was "no Internet coupons". Should have printed it on newsprint
and then copied part of an HF flyer on the back.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:44:07 -0400, "J. Clarke" wrote:

So I dropped the hammer (and thank God nobody dropped the saw on anybody--that's one
_heavy_ cardboard box--it's all in one box now, not two like it used to be).

How do they do that?
Mine had one box for the saw and one for the rails..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

So I dropped the hammer (and thank God nobody dropped the saw on
anybody--that's one _heavy_ cardboard box--it's all in one box now,
not two like it used to be).

How do they do that?
Mine had one box for the saw and one for the rails..

It's a longer box than it used to be. Barely fit into the back of a
Grand Cherokee.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:
[...]

Well, got a space cleared--two old couches that have been needing to
go out to the curb for years I finally got out. Learned another use
for Third Hands things
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...6+120525937 0.
Damned handy things to have around.

Now to get the saw down.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Rigid 3650 on sale at HD Joe Woodworking 1 March 9th 08 03:05 AM
Rigid 3650 on sale at HD Skip Williams Woodworking 0 March 5th 08 01:39 AM
Ridgid TS 3650 Delbert Freeman Woodworking 10 September 5th 07 03:29 PM
Ridgid 3650 T/S Bill Hall Woodworking 15 August 16th 07 02:14 AM
Ridgid TS 3650 table saw RnJPhoto Woodworking 2 October 16th 03 02:04 PM