Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Earlex HVLP Sprayer

Anyone out there bought one of these sprayers -- and used it?
The High Volume Low pressure type [ not the airless type ].

Did it work as advertised? More important still, has anyone used this
type sprater to paint emulsion in interior rooms? How does it avoid
coating the entire room with a layer of colored dust?

Any comments, information appreciated.
John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yes ... I bought the Earlex 5000 when it was on special at WoodCraft
last spring. I have only used it to spray furniture and cabinets. NC
laquer and WB lacquer on furniture, oil based primer and latex paint on
cabinets. For an inexpensive sprayer, it meets my needs. Mine arrived
with 1.5 mm and 2.0 mm needles. Could have used the 2.5 mm needle for
the primer, but with a lttle thinning (10 %) the 2.0 mm worked OK.
Latex paint was also thinned a bit (5%) but coated beatifully. The air
hose is a bit short (about 12 feet) to do whole rooms I think, unless
they are closet-like. The laquer sprayed quite nicely. Spray pattern
is well defined. The spray gun is the type that always blows air, the
trigger only controls the liquid feed. (Perhaps this is common with
turbine models.) The gun is easy to disassemble and clean. Back-spray is
minimal on open surfaces, as one would expect with HVLP, but there will
always be some. Expect any unmasked surface to receive SOME quantity of
spray in an enclosed volume. To date, I have only sprayed outdoors.

cheers ...

Brian Hoyt
Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia

wrote:
Anyone out there bought one of these sprayers -- and used it?
The High Volume Low pressure type [ not the airless type ].

Did it work as advertised? More important still, has anyone used this
type sprater to paint emulsion in interior rooms? How does it avoid
coating the entire room with a layer of colored dust?

Any comments, information appreciated.
John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 6, 9:57 am, wrote:
Anyone out there bought one of these sprayers -- and used it?
The High Volume Low pressure type [ not the airless type ].

Did it work as advertised? More important still, has anyone used this
type sprater to paint emulsion in interior rooms? How does it avoid
coating the entire room with a layer of colored dust?

Any comments, information appreciated.
John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Hello, John. Not to be glib, but a quick Google search of this group
can give you more information than you can easily process in a sitting
about HVLP and how they work.

I know the Earlex makes a 2 and 3 stage turbine machine, so pretty
much anything you can dig up on a 2 stage machine (a Harbor Freight,
Wagner, etc.) will be relevant to your question.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

ROY! wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:24:17 -0400, Brian wrote:

[...]

Brian,
Many thanks for the tips and sharing your experiences with the
Earlex. Any additional comments would be welcome and appreciated.

Roy!
New Jersey, The Tollbooth State

Anything in particular you want to know?

cheers ...

Brian Hoyt
Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:20:24 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Thank you and t'others who replied. The first part of my query is
answered. It works [ like other similar models, Robert, thank you].

But the other question, will it coat a room with dust / paint dust /
crap? That's imporatnt to me, 'cos that's my primary interest.

I have a HP compressor sprayer; using *that* inside a room is suicide
[ painticide / dusticide ?].

But Earlex have promtional videos that show the system being used in a
closed room. Hmmmm ???

John

Hello, John. Not to be glib, but a quick Google search of this group
can give you more information than you can easily process in a sitting
about HVLP and how they work.

I know the Earlex makes a 2 and 3 stage turbine machine, so pretty
much anything you can dig up on a 2 stage machine (a Harbor Freight,
Wagner, etc.) will be relevant to your question.

Robert

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Earlex HVLP spreyer [email protected] UK diy 3 March 6th 08 08:51 PM
HVLP sprayer what should I buy? bdeditch Woodworking 21 April 4th 07 02:35 AM
HVLP sprayer RM MS Woodworking 19 March 6th 07 06:27 PM
earlex spray station 2000 hvlp - any good ? el pee UK diy 2 September 9th 04 11:48 PM
HVLP Sprayer?? Ron A Woodworking 1 December 31st 03 09:02 AM