Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charles Krug

Default Can you describe your sharpening station?

Pretty much it. What do you use to sharpen and how do you have it
arranged. I've a couple of Arkansas in boxes that I mostly keep on a
shelf. I imagine a reasonably flat surface and a piece of plate glass
are Coming Soon, so I'm looking for ideas that others have found useful.

SWMBO tells me there's a package from Garrett-Wade on the front porch.
Likely there's a thing or two in there that needs sharpening, just a
guess.

I'm planning on starting her coffee table over Thanksgiving. I'm going
to practice the M&T technique described by Tage Frid in the "FWW on
Joinery," for the next couple weeks on my astonishingly large scrap
piles.

Meanwhile . . . to sharpen a rock . . .