Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default ICE SCRAPER

http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/..._scraper.shtml

I'm sure some of you guys still have enough winter left to get a
lot of use out of one of these. Here, the dogwood has been in bloom for
days. Hehehe

JOAT
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker

I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:40:41 -0500, J T wrote:

http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/..._scraper.shtml

I'm sure some of you guys still have enough winter left to get a
lot of use out of one of these. Here, the dogwood has been in bloom for
days. Hehehe

We have plenty of flowers in bloom over on the right side of the pond,
but a lot of winter still to come too...

I'm not convinced a brass blade on glass wouldn't scratch it horribly -
has anybody tried it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

PCPaul wrote in news:eKYwj.13858$XI.13196
@text.news.virginmedia.com:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:40:41 -0500, J T wrote:

http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/..._scraper.shtml

I'm sure some of you guys still have enough winter left to get a
lot of use out of one of these. Here, the dogwood has been in bloom for
days. Hehehe

We have plenty of flowers in bloom over on the right side of the pond,
but a lot of winter still to come too...

I'm not convinced a brass blade on glass wouldn't scratch it horribly -
has anybody tried it?

Yup. Brass is a lot softer than glass, but harder than ice (and paint),
especially if you radius the sharp corners a tad. I've used a commercial
brass-blade scraper and loved it.. dunno where it got to, and haven't seen
one in the stores recently. This project seems like a winner to me.