Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw capacitor wiring- need help!!!! please!!!!

A follow-up to my previous threads.... I knocked a capacitor cover off
the motor housing of my Ridgid table saw #TS24241. I have 2 white
wires and 1 brown wire hanging out that need to be re-attached to the
capacitor. The capacitor has 2 terminals that each have 2 posts. Any
idea which post/terminal the wires need to be seated on? Maybe 1 white
on each terminal and the brown wire on either one of them, maybe?

I have no idea if it matters which wire goes on which terminal, but I
have a feeling that it probably does.
Posted to rec.woodworking

These are most likely phase shift capacitors and the color of the insulation
is meaningless. Without a schematic, any of us would just be guessing.

My best advice is to contact Home Depot technical support or find a
competent electrical tool maintenance person. Maybe I posted those in the
wrong order.
"fourempties" wrote in message
A follow-up to my previous threads.... I knocked a capacitor cover off
the motor housing of my Ridgid table saw #TS24241. I have 2 white
wires and 1 brown wire hanging out that need to be re-attached to the
capacitor. The capacitor has 2 terminals that each have 2 posts. Any
idea which post/terminal the wires need to be seated on? Maybe 1 white
on each terminal and the brown wire on either one of them, maybe?

I have no idea if it matters which wire goes on which terminal, but I
have a feeling that it probably does.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:56:40 -0800 (PST), fourempties
wrote:

A follow-up to my previous threads.... I knocked a capacitor cover off
the motor housing of my Ridgid table saw #TS24241. I have 2 white
wires and 1 brown wire hanging out that need to be re-attached to the
capacitor. The capacitor has 2 terminals that each have 2 posts. Any
idea which post/terminal the wires need to be seated on? Maybe 1 white
on each terminal and the brown wire on either one of them, maybe?

I have no idea if it matters which wire goes on which terminal, but I
have a feeling that it probably does.

Did you go to the link for the manual that Nova supplied?

If all else fails, RTFM..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A follow-up to my previous threads.... I knocked a capacitor cover off
the motor housing of my Ridgid table saw #TS24241. I have 2 white
wires and 1 brown wire hanging out that need to be re-attached to the
capacitor. The capacitor has 2 terminals that each have 2 posts. Any
idea which post/terminal the wires need to be seated on? Maybe 1 white
on each terminal and the brown wire on either one of them, maybe?

I have no idea if it matters which wire goes on which terminal, but I
have a feeling that it probably does.

Did you go to the link for the manual that Nova supplied?

If all else fails, RTFM..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

No- never thought to look at the manual. Why would I do that? I'd much
rather spend all day reading posts from carnival clowns like mac "the
clown" davis.

Thanks for all the insight. Go get another funnel cake.
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Here's some "insight" for you...we are, for the most part, woodworkers. Ask
a question about WOOD and you will likely get a good answer and maybe a
little smartass thrown in for the hell of it.

Ask an electrical question in a woodworking group? You DID in fact get some
good answers to all three of your posts...yes, you got some smartass stuff,
too...grow up and deal with it. Sometimes, we do this...usually in jest,
sometimes not.

As to your response to Mac...DID you follow the link that Nova supplied? DID
you RTFM? You never answered those.

Your motor lost some connections...deal with it or hire a pro...that's what
people do when they need help.

And we aren't ALL douchebags...That's actually MY job. Anyone else is just
freelancing.

And yes, I'd love a funnel cake...do you deliver?

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:39:42 -0600, "The Davenport's"
wrote:

Thanks for all the insight. Go get another funnel cake.

Mac has funnel cake?

mmmmmmmm... funnel cake...
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Thanks for all the insight. Go get another funnel cake.

Mac has funnel cake?

mmmmmmmm... funnel cake...

No idea, Barry.. isn't that something they sell at IHOP?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Thanks for all the insight. Go get another funnel cake.

Mac has funnel cake?

mmmmmmmm... funnel cake...

No idea, Barry.. isn't that something they sell at IHOP?

I don't have IHOP in my area, I've only seen funnel cake at carnivals
and hockey games.

Someone actually had the free time to create this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funnel_cake
Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't have IHOP in my area, I've only seen funnel cake at carnivals
and hockey games.

Another (perhaps the only) reason to look forward to the Big E.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:18:44 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

I don't have IHOP in my area, I've only seen funnel cake at carnivals
and hockey games.

Another (perhaps the only) reason to look forward to the Big E.

mmmmmmmmm... The Big E... G

The plane FINALLY comes out of annual this weekend or next week. We
were stuck for almost two months looking for a very silly part. I
still want to go see Grizz!