Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid table saw motor wiring

Another thread about my Rdgid TS2424... I knocked one of the black
covers off the outside of the motor housing. There are 2 of them about
4 inches long- not sure what they are covering, knowing nothing about
motors. Capacitors maybe? One of them has 2 black wires attached to 2
terminals on the (capacitor?) and there are 2 empty terminals. The
other one I knocked off and there are 4 available terminals and 3
wires to attach- 2 white wires and 1 brown. Does it matter which
terminals they attach to?

Also- which terminals do the black and white wires in the power cord
attach to?

Help!!??
Posted to rec.woodworking

fourempties wrote:
Another thread about my Rdgid TS2424... I knocked one of the black
covers off the outside of the motor housing. There are 2 of them about
4 inches long- not sure what they are covering, knowing nothing about
motors. Capacitors maybe? One of them has 2 black wires attached to 2
terminals on the (capacitor?) and there are 2 empty terminals. The
other one I knocked off and there are 4 available terminals and 3
wires to attach- 2 white wires and 1 brown. Does it matter which
terminals they attach to?

Also- which terminals do the black and white wires in the power cord
attach to?

Help!!??

See page 9 of the user manual located at:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B9BE8FC...le_Saw_Man.pdf

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"fourempties" wrote in message
Another thread about my Rdgid TS2424... I knocked one of the black
covers off the outside of the motor housing. There are 2 of them about
4 inches long- not sure what they are covering, knowing nothing about
motors. Capacitors maybe? One of them has 2 black wires attached to 2
terminals on the (capacitor?) and there are 2 empty terminals. The
other one I knocked off and there are 4 available terminals and 3
wires to attach- 2 white wires and 1 brown. Does it matter which
terminals they attach to?

Also- which terminals do the black and white wires in the power cord
attach to?

Help!!??

It is interesting to know that Ridgid is using a capacitor start capacitor
run motor.
Yes indeed those two boxes house capacitors. One is used only during
startup while the
other is permanently connected.
Assuming your motor is wired for 110, the white wire in the cord is cold,
and the black wire is hot.
You need to consult the fine owners manual to determine how to connect the
wires. Doesn't the motor
label show how to connect the wires?
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 12:46*pm, "Jim" wrote:
[...]

Doesn't show the power cord wires, or what's under those covers on the
outside of the motor housing. that's the problem.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 12:52*pm, fourempties wrote:
On Feb 23, 12:46*pm, "Jim" wrote:

[...]

Here's the breakdown of the 110 wiring:

Terminal 1 is a single post. Occupied
Terminal 2 is 3 posts. None occupied
Terminal 3 is 3 posts. 1 occupied
Terminal 4 is 3 posts. 1 occupied.

I assume the black wire in the power cord goes on the unoccupied
Terminal 2? Then what about the white wire?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 12:46 pm, "Jim" wrote:

[...]

Hook it up like the label shows. Leave the capacitors alone; they are
connected in series with the secondary field coil. The centrifugal switch
disconnects the start capacitor after the motor gets going. The other
capacitor and the secondary field coil are always energized.

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 12:46 pm, "Jim" wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is a problem in your mind anyway. There is no need to change the
connection of the capacitors. There was no need to change the connection of
the line cord.
Just follow the instructions and leave everything else alone. If your saw
did not have the line cord installed, I can't help.

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 12:46 pm, "Jim" wrote:

[...]

I didn't change the connection of the capacitors, Einstein. The
capacitor was lying on the floor of my van. All I need to know is how
to re-connect the wires to it so I can screw the housing back onto the
motor housing. WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SUCH A DOUCHEBAG???
Posted to rec.woodworking

"fourempties" wrote in message

I didn't change the connection of the capacitors, Einstein. The
capacitor was lying on the floor of my van. All I need to know is how
to re-connect the wires to it so I can screw the housing back onto the
motor housing. WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SUCH A DOUCHEBAG???

We're not the ones who broke the capacitors off of our motors. Who's the
douchebag?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

fourempties wrote:

I didn't change the connection of the capacitors, Einstein. The
capacitor was lying on the floor of my van. All I need to know is how
to re-connect the wires to it so I can screw the housing back onto the
motor housing. WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SUCH A DOUCHEBAG???

No-one is forcin ya to stay. AAMOF, it
might be best for all concerned if you
amble on over to the so-called
"moderated" forums where they'll pour a
nice hot bath for you, rub your
shoulders and say "there, there, it's ok."

This is USENET. Get used to it.
--

Tanus

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tanus took a can of maroon spray paint on February 24, 2008 11:06 am and
wrote the following:

fourempties wrote:

I didn't change the connection of the capacitors, Einstein. The
capacitor was lying on the floor of my van. All I need to know is how
to re-connect the wires to it so I can screw the housing back onto the
motor housing. WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SUCH A DOUCHEBAG???

No-one is forcin ya to stay. AAMOF, it
might be best for all concerned if you
amble on over to the so-called
"moderated" forums where they'll pour a
nice hot bath for you, rub your
shoulders and say "there, there, it's ok."

This is USENET. Get used to it.

It is a google grouper, they don't understand usenet, it just looks like
another web forum.
--
Lits Slut #9