Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WE are losing it.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. apologized to a Muslim woman who said she was
mocked because of her face veil.

"Please don't stick me up," a cashier told the shopper on Feb. 2,
according to The Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Wal-Mart apologized Monday in a letter signed by Rolando Rodriquez, a
vice president and regional general manager. It was released Tuesday
by the council's Nevada chapter.

"I can assure you that the associate in question was disciplined in
accordance with our employment policies as a result of the situation,"
Rodriguez said without disclosing details.

Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo
"sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim
culture.

At Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Ark., spokesman Phillip Keene
confirmed the letter and declined further comment.

"We applaud Wal-Mart for taking appropriate action to resolve this
incident," said Yasser Moten, executive director of the council's
Nevada chapter. The group doesn't have an office in Utah.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Three strangers strike up a conversation in the airport passenger lounge
while awaiting their flights in Bozeman, Montana, .

One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer. Another is a
Cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show and the third
passenger is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Montana
State University from the Middle East .

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the two
Westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim and the
conversation falls into an uneasy lull.

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine
table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face. The wind
outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping;
but still no plane comes.

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly he speaks, "
At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward, "Once my People
were few," he sneers, "and now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The Montana cowboy shifts his toothpick to one side of his mouth and
from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a drawl, "That's 'cause we
ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, but I do believe it's a-comin'."

"Robatoy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 2:12*pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take over
the world.

Hmm, I can't find any reference that this incident actually occurred.
Is there
a newspaper article or other reference?

Also, could this person be an actual US citizen? I don't recall a
religious test
to become a citizen. I would expect all of our laws to be equally
applied to
all of citizens and guests. Isn't that what I spent 4 yrs in Army for?

I love this wacky world called the Internet. You can say almost
anything and
then have achieve some level of truth and often without actually
having to
prove it.

MJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Feb 20, 2:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Hmm, I can't find any reference that this incident actually occurred.
Is there
a newspaper article or other reference?

Also, could this person be an actual US citizen? I don't recall a
religious test
to become a citizen. I would expect all of our laws to be equally
applied to
all of citizens and guests. Isn't that what I spent 4 yrs in Army for?

I love this wacky world called the Internet. You can say almost
anything and
then have achieve some level of truth and often without actually
having to
prove it.

MJ

If you live anywhere near a big city and watch the news, it is almost daily
that a Muslim wants special handling for his or her dress. Why can't I
wear a mask and shield my face when in a bank?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 5:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take over
the world.

The Muslims are using our laws to slowly take over the world? How does
that work?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jeff" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 5:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

The Muslims are using our laws to slowly take over the world? How does
that work?

Apparently very well, haven't you noticed?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 6:36 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 5:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

The Muslims are using our laws to slowly take over the world? How does
that work?

Apparently very well, haven't you noticed?

If they're taking it over they're saving my neighborhood for last. I
see maybe ten muslims a month. They have an odd sense of fashion but
so do NASCAR fans and Amishmen.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jeff" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 6:36 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 5:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

The Muslims are using our laws to slowly take over the world? How does
that work?

Apparently very well, haven't you noticed?

If they're taking it over they're saving my neighborhood for last. I
see maybe ten muslims a month. They have an odd sense of fashion but
so do NASCAR fans and Amishmen.

Come to Houston, I probably have 100 in my neighborhood of 250 homes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leon's Racism WAS: WE are losing it.

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

D'ohBoy
Posted to rec.woodworking

"D'ohBoy" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

D'ohBoy

He didn't come across that way to me.
Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 21, 10:13*am, "Tom Bunetta" wrote:
"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

D'ohBoy

He didn't come across that way to me.
Tom

Neither did Leon come across to me that way.

And if he sounded like a racist to someone, maybe that someone should
try to hear what is being said, not what that someone wants to hear.

Some people hear...but they don't listen.

Posted to rec.woodworking

snip
Tom

Neither did Leon come across to me that way.

And if he sounded like a racist to someone, maybe that someone should
try to hear what is being said, not what that someone wants to hear.

Some people hear...but they don't listen.

Tom Watson hit it on the head... read on down.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.
Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?
D'ohBoy

He didn't come across that way to me.
Tom

Neither did Leon come across to me that way.

Nor to me.

I don't think I agree with Leon on this
one, but he hasn't shown any racist
tendencies that I can see.

--

Tanus

www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Feb 21, 10:13Â*am, "Tom Bunetta" wrote:
"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

D'ohBoy

He didn't come across that way to me.
Tom

Neither did Leon come across to me that way.

And if he sounded like a racist to someone, maybe that someone should
try to hear what is being said, not what that someone wants to hear.

Some people hear...but they don't listen.

There is a segment of society, that whenever it hears words of criticism
directed at any protected block of society, will immediately
scream "racism" or "bigotry". It's a nice way to suppress freedom of
expression and squash debate. Works well when you don't have a really good
position from which to base a cogent argument.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"D'ohBoy" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Sure, but let me restate laws as being customs. Our laws are simply being
twisted and manipulated.

And keep in mind that when I say Muslims I did not and do not mean all
Muslims. But a group of Moslems played a large roll in the recons I list
below. I also realize that "all" races have their problems and are viewed
similarly in other countries. I judge individuals on an individual basis
but birds of a feather tend to flock together.

Can you simply get on board an airplane most anywhere in the US and the
rest of the world and not go through a line to be sniffed and scanned? Why
can't I wear a mask inside a bank? Why, in spite of dress codes, are some
people allowed to disregard the dress code and dress a certain way because
of their religion when GOD has supposedly been removed from most of our
public schools? Why are they exempt form having GOD removed from their
education?

Now there are "Special" hate crimes".
These have especially became up front and center since 911. Why does a
particular crime towards a particular race have a special upgrade in
punishment. Why is a crime against one race far worse in punishment than
when it is against another? Don't get me wrong, I think all crimes against
any one or race is a hate crime but apparently crimes against some people
are exempt from being classified a hate crime.

Why is there still a group called the KKK?

I don't believe in certain groups of people having special privileges and I
don't believe that all Muslims are evil or have hate in their hearts but
many do and right now because of what some Moslems have done, the rest of
the Moslems are cast in the same light. "Every" race has its skeletons
and every race has a reason for it's actions and beliefs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 21, 10:30*am, "Leon" wrote:
"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Sure, [snip]

You don't owe anybody any explanation. It's not your fault some people
can't read.
Fukkum, I say.

Every ethnic group has its flavours. Good ethnic flavours and bad.
Gangsta Rap has done a wonderful job erasing the black stereo-type for
instance. /sarcasm
Do I get my panties in a knot when in a demographic analysis I am
referred to as a white male?

Look, when *I* go 20 clicks over the speed limit, I get a ticket for
speeding.
When insert ethnic group here goes 20 clicks over the speed limit,
*THEY* get a ticket because they are insert ethnic group here.

It's just another example of certain people 'working' the system for
all they can get for free. That makes them assholes...and they come in
all kinds of colours....

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

You don't owe anybody any explanation.
snip

Still suffering the effects of male PMS are we?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:30:41 +0000, Leon wrote:

I don't believe in certain groups of people having special privileges and I
don't believe that all Muslims are evil or have hate in their hearts but
many do and right now because of what some Moslems have done, the rest of
the Moslems are cast in the same light. "Every" race has its skeletons
and every race has a reason for it's actions and beliefs.

And I see few, if any, Muslims demonstrating in the streets against the
latest atrocity. I have seen them dancing in the streets to celebrate.
Is my assumption that the majority of them approve of the violence thus
racist, or is it based on the evidence?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:30:41 +0000, Leon wrote:

I don't believe in certain groups of people having special privileges and I
don't believe that all Muslims are evil or have hate in their hearts but
many do and right now because of what some Moslems have done, the rest of
the Moslems are cast in the same light. "Every" race has its skeletons
and every race has a reason for it's actions and beliefs.

And I see few, if any, Muslims demonstrating in the streets against the
latest atrocity. I have seen them dancing in the streets to celebrate.
Is my assumption that the majority of them approve of the violence thus
racist, or is it based on the evidence?

It's bigotry based on religion, not on race.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 21, 10:30 am, "Leon" wrote:
"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Sure, but let me restate laws as being customs. Our laws are simply being
twisted and manipulated.

My first ever photo ID was a passport. At the time, drivers'
licenses
did not have photos on them.

As they became more popular at least one state Missouri continued
to issue non-photo licenses to people who objected on religious
grounds. Those people by and large were Christian.

American law and custom is filled with exemptions for religious
belief. Regarding conscription, members of some religious sects
easily qualified for conscientious objector status while others
had to prove deep seated personal, moral belief against war.

Separation of church and state is a conundrum. If churches
are taxed, then church and state are not separate. If churches
are not taxed, the state is showing favoritism to religion.

There is no solution. We just have to muddle through as best we
can.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 21, 10:30 am, "Leon" wrote:
"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Why is there still a group called the KKK?

Why does someone refer to a comment about religion as 'racist'?

Calling all (putative) bigotry 'racism' is like calling all crime
'robbery'.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
On Feb 21, 10:30 am, "Leon" wrote:
"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Why is there still a group called the KKK?

Why does someone refer to a comment about religion as 'racist'?

Calling all (putative) bigotry 'racism' is like calling all crime
'robbery'.

It's a buzz-word. If you're a person of minimum intellect, inappropriate
is not a problem. Hell, I remember about tumbling over when the NPR "Morning
Edition" folks referred to the "right-wing" Communists back in the Yeltsin
days.

Of course, to them, only the right was bad....

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

Why, in spite of dress codes, are some
people allowed to disregard the dress code and dress a certain way because
of their religion when GOD has supposedly been removed from most of our
public schools? Why are they exempt form having GOD removed from their
education?

God has not been removed from public schools. Teachers and children, at
least in my little conservative town in Oregon, may wear symbols of
their religious beliefs; two which come to mind immediately are gold
crosses and Jewish headscarves. The Jehovah's Witness children are
engaged in alternate activities during certain celebrations such as a
birthday party in the classroom or holiday activities. Frequently
children speak of God in their essays.

There is no edict saying children or teachers may not observe their own
religious beliefs. What IS restricted is the teaching staff and
administration leading or teaching religion during the public school
hours -- if you want your children to learn and be led in their
religious practices during the school day, send them to an appropriate
religious school.
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

Posted to rec.woodworking

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:
In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

[...]

The bemoaning of no prayer in school always reminds me that I probably
prayed more in school than at any other time. Especially before a test
or handing in a paper. Like your town, the people in my little
conservative town are more tolerant than I've seen elsewhere. A touch
of paradise. Maybe except for the snow. Another foot tonight. :-(
mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

God has not been removed from public schools.

Actually God HAS been removed from public schools, perhaps not the ones that
you are familiar with but the big cities are witnessing this.

Teachers and children, at
least in my little conservative town in Oregon, may wear symbols of
their religious beliefs; two which come to mind immediately are gold
crosses and Jewish headscarves. The Jehovah's Witness children are
engaged in alternate activities during certain celebrations such as a
birthday party in the classroom or holiday activities. Frequently
children speak of God in their essays.

I wish that were true in Houston. It is no longer acceptable for judges to
have the 10 commandments displayed in their court rooms or the Bible
displayed in from of the court house. Putting your hand on the Bible and
swearing to tell the truth is probably next.

There is no edict saying children or teachers may not observe their own
religious beliefs. What IS restricted is the teaching staff and
administration leading or teaching religion during the public school
hours -- if you want your children to learn and be led in their
religious practices during the school day, send them to an appropriate
religious school.

In many schools God has been stricken from the Pledge of Allegiance also.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon:

I don't think anyone here believes you are a racist for what you
said. You are being baited.

BUT... good sir...

Lemme give you all the ammo you could want to defend your statement

Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against
us to take over the world.

About 6 - 8 months ago PBS had a 12 hour series called "America At the
Crossroads". Knowing that the world would not trust anything produced
in America as factual, it was a co-production with the BBC.

I watched every episode, every minute. Some episodes more than once.

I would highly suggest anyone that actually had any kind of interest
beyond name calling and screaming about civil rights take a long, hard
look at this series. There was quite a bit if talk in the series
about just that - using our own laws against us.

Then the worst part. They had a couple of high ranking Muslim leaders
that headquartered in the Philippines that openly sneered at the US
and our system of laws. They despised the US for fact that they could
come into our country, preach anarchy, overthrow of the government and
could actually get a police escort to protect them in their efforts.
He commented on our weak minded stupidity to let them come into the
country and do those things out in the open.

That one particular leader made it clear: if we don't have enough
pride in or appreciate enough to protect what we have as a nation and
as a culture, then we don't deserve to have it.

That made it pretty easy to understand.

Watch or rent the show. It is a lot deeper than your one sentence
comment. Until you see it, you won't appreciate the gravity of your
comment.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
" wrote:

That one particular leader made it clear: if we don't have enough
pride in or appreciate enough to protect what we have as a nation and
as a culture, then we don't deserve to have it.

What he doesn't seem to understand is that a portion of the pride and
appreciation of our nation and culture is the freedom of speech he feels
he is using to his advantage at our expense. He also seems to lack the
ability to see beyond his own actions to those of others. Once he has
broadcast his message others are likewise free to rebut and disagree.

Just because he can say it publicly and be protected in that action, he
has no further control over the public response.
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you Robert, My comment was not a shot from the hip response. I have
heard and seen the similar interviews and comments as those that you have
referred to. The apathy and the twisting of our laws is dragging this
country down. Home of the free does not mean every thing is free and you
are free to do what you want. We need to start defending our country and
quit being limp. We have to demand more from our leaders and make them
accountable for their actions.
The old saying united we stand divided we fall has never rang so true. I
don't mind a mixture of culture, what I do mind are cultures that feel they
have a right to change out country to suite their needs. These new people
coming to live in our country need to respect the country that they have
chosen to live and work in. Unfortunately the attraction, the once all
mighty dollar, is what they are after. Many are after freedom but do not
realize that freedom comes with a price.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:37:50 -0800 (PST), "D'ohBoy"
wrote:

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Can you 'splain to me exactly when Islam became a race?

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:20:39 -0600, Chuck Taylor
wrote:

Can you 'splain to me exactly when Islam became a race?

woot - there it is!

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take over
the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Can you 'splain to me exactly when Islam became a race?

--
Chuck Taylorhttp://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/

My apologies for my outrage at the gross bigotry present in Leon's
statement overwhelming my semantic gifts. But that doesn't change the
problems with his statement.

The basic thrust of my comment remains valid. Who is the us who owns
'our laws?' White male Protestant US citizens? Are Muslims not
Americans? Aren't all Americans subject to and the owners of American
law?

D'ohBoy

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

Can you 'splain to me exactly when Islam became a race?

--
Chuck Taylorhttp://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/

My apologies for my outrage at the gross bigotry present in Leon's
statement overwhelming my semantic gifts. But that doesn't change the
problems with his statement.

My apologies in advance for making you out to be a complete and total
idiot.

Since when is it gross bigotry to point out salient facts? The fact of
the matter is that radical islamic groups like CAIR are using US laws
against the citizens of this country to establish a foothold in US society
in which they can establish their own Sharia type laws. The writings of
their various leaders has firmly established their goals and ultimate
objective. Various writings frankly sneer at our ideas of freedom of
speech and other freedoms.

The basic thrust of my comment remains valid. Who is the us who owns
'our laws?' White male Protestant US citizens? Are Muslims not
Americans? Aren't all Americans subject to and the owners of American
law?

If you mean by "our" laws, the laws and customs of the US, then one would
assume that we all own them. Muslims can and are US citizens, they are not
free to establish their own sets of laws within this country. It used to
be that when people came to this country from other countries, they were
expected to assimilate into the culture of this country, not expect this
country to adapt to the culture of the country from which they originated.
The fact is that they are using the freedoms we have available to us in
order to establish a foothold with the intent of removing those freedoms at
a later date.

D'ohBoy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"D'ohBoy" wrote in message

My apologies for my outrage at the gross bigotry present in Leon's
statement overwhelming my semantic gifts. But that doesn't change the
problems with his statement.

The basic thrust of my comment remains valid. Who is the us who owns
'our laws?' White male Protestant US citizens? Are Muslims not
Americans? Aren't all Americans subject to and the owners of American
law?

D'ohBoy

You had a problem with defining "race". You obviously don't/won't
understand the meaning of my statement.

Posted to rec.woodworking

D'ohBoy wrote:

On Feb 20, 4:12 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Sickening how the Muslims are slowly using our laws against us to take
over the world.

Can you 'splain that to me so you don't sound like a racist idiot?

D'ohBoy

How about starting out by explaining the fact that islam is NOT a race.

Next?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
[...]

Some minimum wage luddite who probably has already risen to his/her
level of incompetence makes a tasteless but otherwise fairly innocuous
one-liner joke, and next thing we know the Council on American-Islamic
Relations and the vice president of one of the biggest companies in the
world are involved? Yeah, the cashier should have kept his/her piehole
shut. But, how did the big muckety-micks even learn of it unless the
shopper totally blew it all out of proportion? Who's the most
insensitive, the cashier, or the butt of the joke?
Posted to rec.woodworking

My common since says to shut my mouth but oh
well here it goes. First people in this country
blamed the Indians for their problems. Then the
Germans then the Irish then the Italians then the
Jewish then the Blacks then the Asians then the
Mexicans, well some still blame the Blacks and
Mexicans, now it's the Muslims. When will fools
quit blaming races or religions for moronic
behavior and start blaming the individuals. Now
here is an original thought lets stick with
woodworking in this woodworking news group and
take your juvenile prejudice to a news group
better suited to the purpose.
Puff

"Robatoy" wrote in
message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 21, 1:21*am, "Puff Griffis" wrote:
* * My common since says to shut my mouth but oh
well here it goes.

Common sense is not common.

First people in this country
blamed the Indians for their problems. Then the
Germans then the Irish then the Italians then the
Jewish then the Blacks then the Asians then the
Mexicans, well some still blame the Blacks and
Mexicans, now it's the Muslims. When will fools
quit blaming races or religions for moronic
behavior and start blaming the individuals.

If *I* were to wear a veil, and cover my face as I approached a
cashier, I sure as hell would get taken down. And if *I* can't wear a
veil, then neither should anybody else.
And if *I* have to wear a helmet on my bike, the fact that I have a
turbin on my head should not excuse me from wearing a helmet.
We all make choices. If people chose to live in North America they
should adapt.

My apologies for forgetting about the OT.
Now, was there a woodworking question in that little rant of yours?