Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default AKEDA dovetail jig - answers to some questions raised

In an earlier thread about the AKEDA dovetail jig close out deal
WoodCraft
was (/is?) having, I included a link to some stuff I put together about
the jig
and why I was really impressed with it. That thread included some
questions
that someone comparing jigs should want answers to. So I revised the
AKEDA stuff and included those questions - and their answers.

Thanks to the people who asked such good questions. I hope my answers
ctually answer your questions adequately.

Normally folks are only concerned with How To things. I like studying a
tool or machine to try and understand WHY - why did they do This
instead of THAT. the more I study the AKEDA design the more I
appreciate the thought that went into designing it and the elegant
solutions to problems router based dovetail jigs
must overcome - by design.

Anyway, here's a link to the Q&A

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/A...tailJig2A.html

charlie b