Posted to rec.woodworking

Default dorking show in NJ this weekend

See you all in the Garden State this weekend.

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/somerset.asp

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 14, 12:22*pm, RayV wrote:
See you all in the Garden State this weekend.

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/somerset.asp

Consider yourself lucky if you missed this show. I saw nothing I
haven't seen in a catalog or an email ad. Every geek had a wireless
headset mike and a speaker so you couldn't hear anyhting because the
guy ten feet away was running his speaker.

The only thing worth seeing were the Veritas planes at the LeeValley
booth. WOW! Even nicer in real life than in pictures.

I didn't attend any seminars so have no opinion on them other than it
looked like they were being held in the hall with the same wireless
headset and speaker setup.
Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote in news:8cf4ab29-1b23-4045-93ae-
:

On Feb 14, 12:22*pm, RayV wrote:
See you all in the Garden State this weekend.

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/somerset.asp

Consider yourself lucky if you missed this show. I saw nothing I
haven't seen in a catalog or an email ad. Every geek had a wireless
headset mike and a speaker so you couldn't hear anyhting because the
guy ten feet away was running his speaker.

The only thing worth seeing were the Veritas planes at the LeeValley
booth. WOW! Even nicer in real life than in pictures.

I didn't attend any seminars so have no opinion on them other than it
looked like they were being held in the hall with the same wireless
headset and speaker setup.

RayV

I should have responded after your firat post,but I was at the show
Friday from opening till 5pm and Sunday all day. I was turning tops for
charity at the NJ Woodturners' booth, but got to "limp around" during
breaks. Fewer vendors and wider isles than other years, but a worthwhile
2 days. Admitedly I got in free for manning the booth, but I found it
worthwhile. I certainly saved enough money on about $300 in purchases
that would have covered admission and fuel, plus I got to talk to nice
folks like John Ferrie of Ridge Carbide and Kirk DeHeer of Craft
Supplies. Just ordering one item from Lee Valley saved the cost of
sdmission with the free shipping.

The Woodworking Shows have been foundering but with the new ownership, it
was pretty hassle free and hopefully will grow and prosper. Craft
Supplies was teaching pen turning with volunteer instructors from the
woodturning community and that seemed to be a big hit with the show
goers. We did well with our Top-o-thon and the show seemed a success.

Jerry