Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Special Hinges

I recently acquired a cabinet from my parents. They bought this
cabinet in the 70's before I was born so it is over 30 years old. It's
quite a nice cabinet with a lot of memories (like when I pulled the
television off the stand when I was 5) so I was more than happy to to
take it off their hands when then decorated the living room.

One section of this cabinet is a bar unit type thing where you can
store drink and glasses. The front of it hinges down to provide a
platform type thing to pour drinks on, it hinges back up again to hide
the glasses and a bottle. (Lousy description I know, best I can do).

Unfortunately in transit to my home, the bindings worked loose and the
bar flap opened up when we went over a bump. It was quite violent and
the hinges broke beyond repair. I can repair the struts and supports
that hold up the flap when its down but not the hinges. I have tried
to find the hinges to replace the damaged ones but I'm unsure what to
look for. So I'm hoping for a little help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/BarHinge.jpg

I am UK based so that should be taken into consideration regarding
online and high street sellers.

Many thanks

TR
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/index.aspx?c=2&cat=3

Look at the
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...241,41261&ap=1
or
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...241,41261&ap=1

It appears that they will sell to the overseas crowd... They accept Euro's

TrailRat wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:

Although leevalley is good here is a much better source for the UK and
that is Woodfit as they are in Whittle-le-Woods, Chorley, in
Lancashire.
the item under will probably be the one you need.

http://www.woodfit.com/product_info....d=106&Name=Fla
p+Hinge+-+Electro+Brassed

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/index.aspx?c=2&cat=3

Look at the
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...241,41261&ap=1
or
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...241,41261&ap=1

It appears that they will sell to the overseas crowd... They accept Euro's

They ship to Japan so the UK would be no problem. :-)

--
replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me
Pics at http://www.meekings.net/diving/index.shtml

Posted to rec.woodworking

Van Dykes Restorers carries a wide variety of
reproduction hardware.

--

FF

hinges. Donald Weber Woodworking Plans and Photos 11 November 11th 07 10:30 PM
Hinges edee em Home Repair 3 July 18th 07 01:55 PM
FS: NOS hinges Bob Schmall Woodworking 2 January 9th 06 02:47 PM
Hinges mc Woodworking 4 August 28th 05 06:19 PM
Hinges Allan Matthews Woodworking 3 February 2nd 05 02:02 PM