Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

Default Worldwide Ebay Buyer And Seller Strike Scheduled for February 18-25 2008

See the details here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Tom...&FID=2& pc=17
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

"B. White" wrote in message
See the details here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Tom...&FID=2& pc=17

Cool idea; but it won't work. Too many people making too much money to stop
selling for a week.

It's a shame about unregulated private business, isn't it? Darn that free
market!

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

B. White wrote:

See the details here.

... snip spam

Afraid I won't be able to join you in your strike. Since I have neither
bought nor sold on e-bay (primarily because of some of the shenanigans
PayPal plays), I won't be able to participate.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 9, 11:26 pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
B. White wrote:
See the details here.

... snip spam

Afraid I won't be able to join you in your strike. Since I have neither
bought nor sold on e-bay (primarily because of some of the shenanigans
PayPal plays), I won't be able to participate.

Care to elaborate on the shenanigans?

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

"What Me Worry?" wrote in message
. ..
"B. White" wrote in message
See the details here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Tom...&FID=2& pc=17

Cool idea; but it won't work. Too many people making too much money
to stop selling for a week.

It's a shame about unregulated private business, isn't it? Darn
that free market!

eBay is acting like an out-of-control government, if anything.

Dunno about that; it's a business and businesses concentrate their
resources where it'll most benefit the bottom line. Whatever the true
complete story is, that's all they're doing.
If they truly don't care about the flea market, a strike such as this
isn't likely to be much impact, much less meaningful to them. OTOH, it
may play right into their hands in some ways.

Same goes for PayPal, since it's owned by Google along with a host of
other online hosts.
--

Regards,

Twayne

OO0 is a GREAT MS Office replacement
www.openoffice.org

Please respond to the newsgroup, not to
my e-mail, so that all may benefit. I do not
always respond to newsgroup e-mails.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

Twayne took a can of maroon spray paint on February 10, 2008 01:46 pm and

"B. White" wrote in message
See the details here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Tom...&FID=2& pc=17

Cool idea; but it won't work. Too many people making too much money
to stop selling for a week.

It's a shame about unregulated private business, isn't it? Darn
that free market!

eBay is acting like an out-of-control government, if anything.

Dunno about that; it's a business and businesses concentrate their
resources where it'll most benefit the bottom line. Whatever the true
complete story is, that's all they're doing.
If they truly don't care about the flea market, a strike such as this
isn't likely to be much impact, much less meaningful to them. OTOH, it
may play right into their hands in some ways.

Same goes for PayPal, since it's owned by Google along with a host of
other online hosts.

Huh????

Paypal is owned by EBay.

--
Lits Slut #9
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

"Twayne" wrote in message

Same goes for PayPal, since it's owned by Google along with a host of
other online hosts.

Wrong It was independent and was bought by ebay in 2002

Posted to rec.woodworking

B. White wrote:
See the details here.

... snip spam

Afraid I won't be able to join you in your strike. Since I have neither
bought nor sold on e-bay (primarily because of some of the shenanigans
PayPal plays), I won't be able to participate.

Care to elaborate on the shenanigans?

Several things.
1. PayPal has a magic limit that beyond which, you are shut out from using
PayPal until you give them a direct shot at your bank account. I give no
one a straight shot at my bank account unless I have written the check.

2. Various issues I have read about regarding getting through to either
PayPal or eBay when problems occur.

Several links:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripeline/archives/2007/01/paypal_and_pric.html
http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripeline/archives/2006/09/embroidery_pira.html

If you go to infoworld and do a search for Ed Foster and Paypal, you get
enough hits that I am certainly leery of doing anything with them. YMMV

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:49:34 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

1. PayPal has a magic limit that beyond which, you are shut out from using
PayPal until you give them a direct shot at your bank account. I give no
one a straight shot at my bank account unless I have written the check.

You can work around this by having a separate savings account (at a
different bank if you like) that only has limited funds available.
This way they only have access to what you want them to.

Mike O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

1. PayPal has a magic limit that beyond which, you are shut out from using
PayPal until you give them a direct shot at your bank account. I give no
one a straight shot at my bank account unless I have written the check.

You can work around this by having a separate savings account (at a
different bank if you like) that only has limited funds available.
This way they only have access to what you want them to.

But that requires that I do something to circumvent a policy with which I
don't want to have any dealings. Thus far, there is nothing on e-Bay that
has caused me to go out of my way to do business. i.e, as the customer,
I'm voting with my feet when a business expects me to do work in order to
do business with them.

Mike O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

1. PayPal has a magic limit that beyond which, you are shut out from using
PayPal until you give them a direct shot at your bank account. I give no
one a straight shot at my bank account unless I have written the check.

You can work around this by having a separate savings account (at a
different bank if you like) that only has limited funds available.
This way they only have access to what you want them to.

Mike O.

I too have little respect or faith in PayPal. If there is something I want
to buy on ebay, I email the seller and ask if another form of payment might
be acceptable. If they agree, then I bid. If not, then I pass. So far I'm
not feeling as if I've missed anything important.

GWK

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

"Twayne" wrote in message

Same goes for PayPal, since it's owned by Google along with a host of
other online hosts.

Wrong It was independent and was bought by ebay in 2002

That's just a different way of saying the same thing; what's "wrong"
about it?

--

Regards,

Twayne

OO0 is a GREAT MS Office replacement
www.openoffice.org

Please respond to the newsgroup, not to
my e-mail, so that all may benefit. I do not
always respond to newsgroup e-mails.

Posted to rec.woodworking, alt.politics

On Feb 11, 12:26 pm, "Twayne" wrote:
"Twayne" wrote in message

Same goes for PayPal, since it's owned by Google along with a host of
other online hosts.

Wrong It was independent and was bought by ebay in 2002

That's just a different way of saying the same thing; what's "wrong"
about it?

Are you saying that Google and Ebay are the same company?

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

"Twayne" wrote in message

Same goes for PayPal, since it's owned by Google along with a host
of other online hosts.

Wrong It was independent and was bought by ebay in 2002

That's just a different way of saying the same thing; what's "wrong"
about it?

Are you saying that Google and Ebay are the same company?

Oops! Ebay owns PayPal. Sorry 'bout that!
--
Regards,

PopRivet

Nope, not going to Vista. Why?