Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Patnaude

Default Penn State DC1B-XL: 1 or 5 Micron Bag?

I am looking to buy a 1 hp dust collector for my home workshop. From the
reviews I have found, it seems that the Penn State DC1B-XL might be my best
choice. Penn State offers this DC with 1 micron bags for $220 or 5 micron
bags for $200. Most other brands come with 30 micron bags.

Since there is a large difference between the Penn State and the other
brands, is there a big difference between the 1 and 5 micron bags? The
tighter bag probably reduces the airflow even more right? Maybe not a good
idea for a 1 hp DC.

My main tools to be connected will be a 13" planer, table saw, router
table, and maybe something for my CMS.

Suggestions, comments?

Thanks,
Dave