Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ebonizing maple

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
et:

I've seen that asked here a few time. I have the opposite problem. I
have 50 bd. ft. of ebony and want a light colored wood instead. Can I
mapleize the ebony? Will maple stain work? Bleach?

If you'll send it to me (shipping paid), I'll run it through my
transformerizer and send you the mapleized ebony. Will also transfomerize
diamonds to graphite for a small fee.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
et...

I've seen that asked here a few time. I have the opposite problem. I
have 50 bd. ft. of ebony and want a light colored wood instead. Can I
mapleize the ebony? Will maple stain work? Bleach?

Gaboon or Macassar? Where do you live? May be able to work a trade.
Volume-based, of course ;-)

Jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

I've seen that asked here a few time. I have the opposite problem. I have
50 bd. ft. of ebony and want a light colored wood instead. Can I mapleize
the ebony? Will maple stain work? Bleach?

I think the most controllable method would be to fume your ebony with
milk. Probably 2% for maple, although if you want to go all the way to a
holly color you'll have to risk using concentrated skim. As always,
remember shop safety and wear adequate nose protection.

PDX David

ebonizing maple Joe Woodworking 22 January 25th 08 12:13 AM
Ebonizing Hedley Woodworking 10 September 19th 05 04:09 PM
Sumi ink for ebonizing Chuck Woodworking 2 April 5th 05 10:32 AM
[OT more-or-less] Ebonizing With India Ink Lawrence L'Hote Woodworking 0 March 17th 05 10:08 PM