Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Frame and panel wainscoting problem

I'm planning on putting in frame and panel wainscoting in my home and
I've run into a bit of a problem. I've got sections of walls that are
too narrow for installing my standard frame. My wall is 5" wide and my
frame is made of 3" strips of 3/4" MDF thus giving me a minimum wall
size of 6" to just hold the frame. What is the best way to handle
this? Should I just cover the whole section of wall with my 3/4" MDF?

Thanks in advance for the help
-Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I'm planning on putting in frame and panel wainscoting in my home and
I've run into a bit of a problem. I've got sections of walls that are
too narrow for installing my standard frame. My wall is 5" wide and my
frame is made of 3" strips of 3/4" MDF thus giving me a minimum wall
size of 6" to just hold the frame. What is the best way to handle
this? Should I just cover the whole section of wall with my 3/4" MDF?

Thanks in advance for the help
-Chris

I would do just that, cover the whole thing with the frame material. When
it get too crowded it looks way too busy, the plain effect will not draw
attention away form the rest of the wall.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:21:24 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

wrote in message
I'm planning on putting in frame and panel wainscoting in my home and
I've run into a bit of a problem. I've got sections of walls that are
too narrow for installing my standard frame. My wall is 5" wide and my
frame is made of 3" strips of 3/4" MDF thus giving me a minimum wall
size of 6" to just hold the frame. What is the best way to handle
this? Should I just cover the whole section of wall with my 3/4" MDF?

Thanks in advance for the help
-Chris

I would do just that, cover the whole thing with the frame material.

I'll second that....

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
wrote in message
I'm planning on putting in frame and panel wainscoting in my home and
I've run into a bit of a problem. I've got sections of walls that are
too narrow for installing my standard frame. My wall is 5" wide and my
frame is made of 3" strips of 3/4" MDF thus giving me a minimum wall
size of 6" to just hold the frame. What is the best way to handle
this? Should I just cover the whole section of wall with my 3/4" MDF?

Thanks in advance for the help
-Chris

I would do just that, cover the whole thing with the frame material.

I'll second that....

Mike O.

Thank you. That's what I'll do. I appreciate the help!