Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 10 inch cabinetmaker's table saw

Thought I found a good deal

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...ationary-tools

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:46:32 GMT, "Rusty" wrote:

Thought I found a good deal

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...ationary-tools

I haven't kept up with the Sears line of saws for a long time, but
$912 new? For years they continued cheapening their saws to maintain a
price point somewhere in the $300-400 range. That $400 he's asking
strikes me as just about what he paid for it. To me it looks like
about 1980s vintage, too.

Wait a minute. I just saw that's a Canuckistani price. In that case,
it might actually have been $912 depending on how bad the exchange
rate was at the time he bought it. However, $400 is way high now
whether it's USD or CDN.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Tom is offline

"LRod" wrote in message
[...]

Looks like junk to me. First of all that's not a cbinetmakers saw, it's a
low contractors table saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..

"LRod" wrote in message
[...]

I sold one just like it a few years ago and was tickled pink to get $100US
for it. The sears fence was a complete piece of crap and the tilt mechanism
was "anchored" to the sheet metal side which flexed badly.
Run away. Now.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

"Tom" wrote in message . ..

Looks like junk to me. First of all that's not a cbinetmakers saw, it's a
low contractors table saw.

While Sears sold this saw by Emerson as a "Cabinet Makers" it was really a "Contractors" saw which came in 2 varieties and maybe more depending upon the fence.

The Cheap version to which you refer is the one in the picture, The better(?) version cost a hundred more and came with an "extend-a-rip" fence (a poor mans Beismier - not sure about the spelling). Sears even tried selling them for $1400 but found no takers.

I have the latter version and am totally happy with the results it can deliver. Parallel and tuned, this saw delivers really true and clean rips.

If the pictured saw is acquired, the only things needed would be, a new carbide blade, an upgraded fence, and serious tune up.

P D Q

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:46:32 GMT, "Rusty" wrote:

Thought I found a good deal

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...ationary-tools

This is a cheap contractor table saw. The $400 could be better spent.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:38:39 -0600, "Tom" wrote:

Looks like junk to me. First of all that's not a cbinetmakers saw, it's a
low contractors table saw.

It could be a cabinetmakers saw. What it's definitely not is a cabinet
saw.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rusty" wrote in message news:sQfij.365$wx.84@pd7urf1no...
Thought I found a good deal

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...ationary-tools

Well it may have been a Cabinet Makers saw but certainly not a Cabinet Saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..

Looks like junk to me. First of all that's not a cbinetmakers saw, it's a
low contractors table saw.

Not a Cabinet Saw, but very could have been a cabinet makers saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:19:21 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Rusty" wrote in message news:sQfij.365$wx.84@pd7urf1no...
Thought I found a good deal

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...ationary-tools

Well it may have been a Cabinet Makers saw but certainly not a Cabinet Saw.

I know it will kill you to conclude something about minds thinking
alike, but I posted exactly the same sentiment about three hours
earlier.

I only posted it once, though.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Rusty" wrote in message news:sQfij.365$wx.84@pd7urf1no...
Thought I found a good deal

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...ationary-tools

Well it may have been a Cabinet Makers saw but certainly not a Cabinet
Saw.

I know it will kill you to conclude something about minds thinking
alike, but I posted exactly the same sentiment about three hours
earlier.

I only posted it once, though.

LOL, I was too busy straightening out the misunderstanding to read all the
comments first. You won the race.