Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Stuff for Woodworking

I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or paper
backing required to hold all the pieces together.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or paper
backing required to hold all the pieces together.

There is also a 20% off coupon for all Forrest blades which makes the
WWII $84.79.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Artemus" wrote in message
. ..

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a
CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper
backing required to hold all the pieces together.

There is also a 20% off coupon for all Forrest blades which makes the
WWII $84.79.
Art

Not a bad price, I used my 20% off coupon on the DadoKing set a few years
ago and that really saved some money.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

Do you have a link to that CNC can't find on there web page

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into
woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.
--
Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. net...

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

Do you have a link to that CNC can't find on there web page

I'm sorry, it is in the Rockler "Stock up for the shop Sale" circular.

No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System

This looks like the machine
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/CNCShark.aspx

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message
t...

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into
woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.
--
Dave in Houston

CRAP! Lonnie Bird

www.amanatool.com/tambour

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a
CNC for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

Do you have a link to that CNC can't find on there web page

I'm sorry, it is in the Rockler "Stock up for the shop Sale" circular.

No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System

This looks like the machine
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/CNCShark.aspx

I did see a part # but it is no good at the Rockler Site.
#35150

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a
CNC for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into
woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.
--
Dave in Houston

CRAP! Lonnie Bird

I am ROFLMAO! Sorry, Leon, that was ripe for the pickin'.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:39:51 -0600, "Dave in Houston" wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message
.. .
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into
woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.

Well, he did know how to run a route..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:43:00 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message
et...

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into
woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.
--
Dave in Houston

CRAP! Lonnie Bird

Damn, Leon.. took all the fun out of it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC
for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into
woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.
--
Dave in Houston

CRAP! Lonnie Bird

www.amanatool.com/tambour

I knew who ya meant, 'soon as I saw
Amana mentioned.

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System

This looks like the machine
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/CNCShark.aspx

Thanks

Don't all these things kind of defeat the purpose of woodWORKING?

I find myself regressing, and buying things like 100 year-old planes on
eBay, rather than this stuff.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System

This looks like the machine
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/CNCShark.aspx

Thanks

Don't all these things kind of defeat the purpose of woodWORKING?

If you like carving and using hand tools, yes.

If you like to woodworking and building but not taking an eternity to finish
a project, no.

I find myself regressing, and buying things like 100 year-old planes on
eBay, rather than this stuff.

To each his own, it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buck Turgidson wrote:
No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System

This looks like the machine
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/CNCShark.aspx

Thanks

Don't all these things kind of defeat the purpose of woodWORKING?

Not in this type of forum. The Wreck has
people who could identify a jig-saw
(barely), if their life depended on it
and people who crave the type of
machinery listed in the link. Most of us
fall between those extremes. We're all
woodWORKERS, regardless of being
Neanderthals or Normites.

Some are like me, who do cut off extra
digits just as a hobby, and other guys
here are doing it for a living. The
Wreck appeals to all of us

I find myself regressing, and buying

things like 100 year-old planes on
eBay, rather than this stuff.

Same here. I have no personal interest
in CNC or high automation, but I still
think it's cool to look at.

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System

This looks like the machine
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/CNCShark.aspx

Thanks

Don't all these things kind of defeat the purpose of woodWORKING?

I find myself regressing, and buying things like 100 year-old planes on
eBay, rather than this stuff.

Yes and no. I doubt I could ever justify this machine, but I do have a
tablesaw and other power tools. I enjoy woodworking but I don't enjoy
making 100 balusters or 64 drawer inserts, etc. I'd use automation for
that, but then again, I'd probably not take on a project like that as a
hobbyist. There is some please in the work, there is some pleasure in
finishing the final product. We're all different that way.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message
t...

CRAP! Lonnie Bird

I am ROFLMAO! Sorry, Leon, that was ripe for the pickin'.

Dave in Houston

LOL, Gettem when you can. I try not to let those pass either.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

snip
Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits
designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or
paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into
woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.

I think that's Lonnie not Larry.

charlie b