Fred Wolf

Default DeWalt10" DW703 Miter Saw

Trying to choose between 10" DeWalt DW703 and Rigid MS1065LZ miter saws

I like the Dewalt ,, but the Rigid has a laser guide and seems almost equal
...the DeWalt seems smoother to me

Both are about $ 200 ...
the saw would be used for amature work and small project

any opinions?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Fred Wolf" wrote in message

I like the Dewalt ,, but the Rigid has a laser guide and seems almost

equal
..the DeWalt seems smoother to me

The real question is: "does the laser guide really help?" It seems like
such a good idea, but from what I've read in the past, it gets mixed review
for accuracy.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Charles Krug

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:14:05 GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Fred Wolf" wrote in message

I like the Dewalt ,, but the Rigid has a laser guide and seems almost

equal
..the DeWalt seems smoother to me

The real question is: "does the laser guide really help?" It seems like
such a good idea, but from what I've read in the past, it gets mixed review
for accuracy.
Ed

My thought:

Norm has one that he got in Season 2 or 3 and which he kept on using
until the new PC or Delta variant came in.

When you consider the amount of turnover in his normal tools, I'd say
that's an endorsement. It certainly lasted longer than any Bosch
routers did.