Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jewelery Chest"s" for Christmas

I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:07:17 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I like them(it). Can't see the second one. I was looking for shapes/
sizes for a pair for my kids. I will steal some of your ideas.

Now post some pics with doors closed and others drawers opened. Then
tell us what the wood is and why you chose Lee Valley brass.

Later there will be a test so stay sharp.

Pete

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message ...
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:07:17 GMT, "Leon"

I like them(it). Can't see the second one. I was looking for shapes/
sizes for a pair for my kids. I will steal some of your ideas.

Thank you.

Here is where I got over all sizes and my inspiration.
http://www.gerstnerusa.com/jewelry/22k.htm

Now post some pics with doors closed and others drawers opened. Then
tell us what the wood is and why you chose Lee Valley brass.

There is a second post with the doors closed. The buld of the wood is hard
Maple and I used Tiger Maple veneer on the drawer fronts. The front door
panels, darler trim inside the chest and trim on the outer bottom moulding
is Spalted Live Oak.

Later there will be a test so stay sharp.

OK. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote

I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I showed the pictures to my wife. She asked who they were for. I said your
neighbor and your wife. She says. 'Why didn't he make me one too"?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote

I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I showed the pictures to my wife. She asked who they were for. I said
your neighbor and your wife. She says. 'Why didn't he make me one too"?

Tell her that I don't recall her placing an order. ;~) On line these go
for over $2K each.

This is the one that inspired me.

http://www.gerstnerusa.com/jewelry/22k.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote

A little too small for tools. LOL If you take another look I posted a
reply with a picture of a tool box that I built last Spring.

Yabbut ... from the looks of it, that's not a toolbox, it's a big "His"
jewelery box.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

Your wife and neighbor hereby sucketh! That's some magnificent woodworking,
and the spalted oak veneer gives a beautiful, and very unique, touch to each
piece.

Well done, Leon!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

Your wife and neighbor hereby sucketh! That's some magnificent
woodworking,
and the spalted oak veneer gives a beautiful, and very unique, touch to
each
piece.

Well done, Leon!!

A very warm and sincere Thank you, Swingman.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy H" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Look here;

http://www.delorie.com/wood/

It may take a week or two to update sometimes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy H" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

If you would like I could e-mail you the 10 pictures and having High Speed
internet would be good.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Andy H" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife
and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

If you would like I could e-mail you the 10 pictures and having High Speed
internet would be good.

psst. Could you include me too please?

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy H wrote:
Leon wrote:
I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may
wife and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Andy

Same here, but there's a slower
workaround. If you go here,
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/ , you
can see it in a few days. I'm anxiously
awaiting this site to update

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tanus wrote:
Andy H wrote:
Leon wrote:
I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may
wife and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Andy

Same here, but there's a slower workaround. If you go here,
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/ , you can see it in a few days. I'm
anxiously awaiting this site to update

Is that a copy of everything posted to ABPW?
I hope so!

Thanks
Andy

--
:: Clever Sig here ::
Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy H wrote:
Tanus wrote:
Andy H wrote:
Leon wrote:
I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may
wife and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Andy

Same here, but there's a slower workaround. If you go here,
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/ , you can see it in a few days. I'm
anxiously awaiting this site to update

Is that a copy of everything posted to ABPW?
I hope so!

Thanks
Andy

I think so. There's another site too
that posts ABPW, which is at
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/group...odworking.html
.. I find this one to be slower than
delorie, but it's also another source if
you're looking for binaries from other NGs.