Posted to rec.woodworking
HM HM is offline

Default Bosch Trim Routers

I purchased a Bosch Trim Router PR20EVSK-RT as a reconditioned unit.
It is either a lemon or Bosch has missed the mark in the design and
manufacturing of this tool. The circuit board has failed twice and
the off/on switch had to be replaced. I have not been able to use
the
router for more than 30 minutes total time. It just failed again, and
I suspect it is the circuit board that has blown out. Initially, I
thought my cuts were too deep so I decreased the cut to 1/32nd of an
inch. I use it primarily to cut shallow mortises for hinges. It is
now out of warranty so I will have to pay for the repair but I think I
will buy a Porter Cable and see if it fails. No one at Bosch will
assist me in trying to determine if I own a lemon. I call my Bosch
trim rounter, the twink router.

Anyone have similar problems or thoughts on what I might do to remedy
my situation and quite possibly avoid buying another trim router.

Hugh Madden
Grand Rapids, Michigan