Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly H6196 Professional 5 pc. Woodworking Kit

Any chance anyone here has purchased this set? I'd be curious to hear their
opinion of the set.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6196

I'm looking to acquire six sets of tools for use in teaching adults and
youth basic woodworking skills and was curious to hear of any experiences
with these tools. For the training I anticipate using woods like pine,
poplar and walnut so dealing with tricky grain and physically hard wood
(like curly or rock maple) isn't an issue. Basic functional utility rules
here... I'm not interested in using my L-N tools for teaching purposes any
longer! ;~)

Tuning planes is one class I want to teach so if the planes need work that
is A-OK...

John