Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need some mobile bases..

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile
base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?
Posted to rec.woodworking

mapdude wrote:

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile
base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?

Don't know about Herc-U-lift, but Woodworker's supply has HTC mobile
bases:
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=107-400 They also have
Shop Fox and possibly others (that was a 2 minute look)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 23:05:21 -0600, mapdude
wrote:

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile
base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?

I saw that Woodcraft has a mobile base on sale for $50--you cut a
square of ply to fit your machine. Recently, I bought a Jet universal
mobile base that can hold 600 lbs for $90--works great. Foxshop
mobile bases had some negative comments posted at Amazon.
Posted to rec.woodworking

If you go directly to the HTC site, you can get a list of dealers.

http://www.htcproductsinc.com/

"mapdude" wrote in message
Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile base
for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I was browsing the Ridgid forums and I saw where a bunch of people were
buying them back in '05 and '06 for around $30. They list them on their
web site but the system throws errors when you try to order one, and I
have no idea what the price is cause it doesn't list them.

New Jersey is too far for me to drive since I am Memphis, though I do
have friends that live in Randolph.

By the way, what was your cost?

Han wrote:
mapdude wrote in news:QL6dnSEb59aOLdranZ2dnUVZ_j-
:

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile
base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?

Doesn't Home Depot sell those anymore? At least I bought 2 some time ago
(Ridgid Herc-u-lift). One is still complete in its box. Do you want to
come and pick it up for cost in NJ 07410?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:48:16 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

I saw that Woodcraft has a mobile base on sale for $50--you cut a
square of ply to fit your machine.

Since I work there, I may not be unbiased, but I've got two of those and
plan to get more. I particularly like the foot pedals. They're a lot
bigger than those on most other bases. Much easier on the feet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I know there will be critics here, but it works fine for me, see below,
before painting. Rolls arounf great on garage floor, and not too bad
onto the lawn when needed. Bevel gauge used to establish the tilt angle
against the steel legs, 1/4" hardware through legs, 3/8" bolts the
wheels to the base boards.. 2 swivel wheels help it turn into the corner
for storage. like a wheelbarrow. You can set them on a board to lift
that end and rest on old leg stops, or tap a wedge in to lock wheels so
saw won't swivel. Or wrap a small chain around them on the floor, it
don't take much.

http://porchmonkey.250free.com/SawBase1.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

mapdude wrote in
:

Han wrote:
mapdude wrote in
news:QL6dnSEb59aOLdranZ2dnUVZ_j- :

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of
mobile base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?

Doesn't Home Depot sell those anymore? At least I bought 2 some time
ago (Ridgid Herc-u-lift). One is still complete in its box. Do you
want to come and pick it up for cost in NJ 07410?

I bought 2, and some nails to get over the $100 limit for free shipping.
So I'll ask for $49 for the one I have in the box, if picked up here in
North Jersey. I have no idea what shipping would cost. Randolph is
apparently not that far, but neither is it next doors.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

I found that Grizzly had them identical to my Woodcraft store. Picked up
two of them. Worked OK for me. I used them for a cabinet table saw and an
old 1917 meat band saw (converted to cut wood). Both wiegh a lot.

-earl

"Han" wrote in message
mapdude wrote in news:QL6dnSEb59aOLdranZ2dnUVZ_j-
:

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile
base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?

Doesn't Home Depot sell those anymore? At least I bought 2 some time ago
(Ridgid Herc-u-lift). One is still complete in its box. Do you want to
come and pick it up for cost in NJ 07410?

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Posted to rec.woodworking

I made one for an 8" jointer by laminating 4 pieces of 3/4 plywood as a
vertically oriented rib down the long axis beneath a double laminate of 3/4
ply and mounted 4 4" heavy duty locking castors beneath.
It is rock solid and lag bolted to the base, hasn't bowed significabtly in
7-8 years and two moves.
Tom