Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Quietest Shop Vac? Need in a hurry!

My Shop Vac died on me in the middle of sanding some cabinets tonight, and
I need to finish the project by weeks end. I tried sanding without the vac,
but the shop filled with a dust cloud in just a few minutes.

So, I need to run to town tomorrow and get a new vac pronto.

I need a QUIET vac!

I need a vac with a 2-1/2" hose. It should screw, or otherwise lock, into
the vac so I can pull the vac around by the hose and not pull the hose out.

I need a vac that I can install filter bags in (the usual vac canister
filters clog up too quickly with fine dust).

I need a vac with a long cord (12' or longer).

I need a vac that has built-in storage for the cord and attachments.

My current vac is a 12-gallon "quiet series" Shop Vac brand that I've had
maybe 3-4 years. I've been happy with it, but I'm a little disappointed
that it died so soon.

I've read good reviews of the Ridgid WD-1450 that Home Depot sells, but
don't know how it would compare with my current vac.

Is there a shop vacuum that you recommend that is available at Lowes, Home
Depot, or Sears? Like I said, I need it yesterday...

I do not have a dust collector. It's on my Christmas list, but the early
death of my shop vac may delay that.

Thanks,

Anthony

New Business - Hurry !!!.... sam[_2_] UK diy 0 September 7th 07 11:01 AM
quietest bathroom fan? Grunff UK diy 4 March 27th 06 02:38 PM
who makes the quietest air compressors? papaya Home Repair 1 July 24th 05 01:00 PM
what brand ceiling fan is the quietest? LL bean Home Repair 8 May 27th 05 11:43 PM
Quietest ballcock? r.p.mcmurphy UK diy 8 October 29th 04 02:19 AM