Rob V

Default Clamps - They are gone

Damn - that was fast.

Tom

I was told to be there at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow at my local Woodcraft store. Maybe
8:45...?
Subject: Clamps - They are gone
From: "Rob V"
Date: 10/16/2003 9:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time
Damn - that was fast.

Someday, it'll all be over....
Mike in Mystic

I'm getting there at 8. With my 2 month old son in tow hehe

From: "Rob V"
Date: 10/16/2003 9:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time
Damn - that was fast.

Someday, it'll all be over....

LRod

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:40:53 GMT, "Rob V"
wrote:

Damn - that was fast.

Actually, it was, "**** - that was fast."

I wonder how many people know the reference. I just watched it again
on DVD yesterday.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Mark

Sorry to hear that. But have you tried going down to your local HD and
picking up some Bessey clamps for 40% off (well sort of)? They have a
promo going through the end of the month...spend $100 on any hand tool
(clamps too!) and get a gift card for $40 by mail. Sure you're not
getting cash back or a true $ off but if you are like me you'll
probably spend that amount on shop staples anyway (sand paper, roller
covers, lumber, nuts/bolts, etc).

Hopefully this is a 'silver lining' to your clamp quest. I picked up a
set of k-bodies, and a few small tradesmen clamps.
Mark

From: "Rob V"

Date: 10/16/2003 9:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time
Damn - that was fast.

Someday, it'll all be over....

Picked up twelve clamps at my local store. I was number 7 in line this
morning. It's almost like having christmas in octoberl.

"Rob V" wrote in message
news
Damn - that was fast.

Nick Bozovich

I called my local store - they said they had several of each size in stock.
They said to be there first thing. I was there at 8:55 am. After picking
up some router bits, Top Coat, and blade cleaner, they told me that the
store "wasn't participating in the clamp sale".

Got back and checked their website - "sorry, we sold out, but here's a 10%
coupon". Just seems like "bait & switch" to me. The email message
notifying us of the sale didn't say "at participating stores" or anything
limiting.

Yeah, I'm disappointed, and it'll be a while before I trust a Woodcraft
advertisement again.

Nick

"Rob V" wrote in message
news
Damn - that was fast.

Rick

i believe that was the quick and the dead

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day,fritter and waste the
hours in an offhand way......"