JPEracing

Default Miter trimmers

Been considering for a while the purchase of one of the Lion Miter Trimmers
or perhaps the import copy.
Can anyone offer any comments on how well they work and if they are worth
the investment for trimming molding and general WWing ?
TIA

Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations..

"JPEracing" wrote in message
Been considering for a while the purchase of one of the Lion Miter

Trimmers
or perhaps the import copy.
Can anyone offer any comments on how well they work and if they are worth
the investment for trimming molding and general WWing ?
TIA

This topic has been discussed at length...try going to
http://groups.google.com/ and searching for "miter trimmer" (with
the quotes). That will bring up several hundred hits. I suspect
that ONE of them is material I contributed, discussing my clone
miter trimmer.
In short...If one is going to be doing a lot of picture
framing and other smallish things with miter joints - get one.
The "real" Lion may well be the best. I get very adequate
performance out of my Grizzly Industrial Clone (and it only
cost me $75.00 or so).
As with all tools, it has a learning curve to get it
working "right", and, one REALLY has to keep the blades
Scary Sharp. But, man...it is one honking good tool for
making glass-smooth, accurate miters and allowing one to sneak
up to a perfect fit.
Regards
Dave Mundt