Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Halloweeny Yard "Art" Is DONE

Actually finished Sunday, but needed to wait overnight for the last
of the paint to properly dry, some of it went on a bit thick. Did the
last detail touchup yesterday, but just didn't feel like taking it over
there, and, of course, no one stopped by to pick it up. So took it over
today. I'd thought it looked a bit crappy, but I'd only seen it close
up. Placed in the front yard, and getting back 20-30 feet, it actually
came out right nice. Certainly has a lot more class than the blow-up
stuff that seems to be the major thing now. Except for it being yard
"art", I'm pretty well pleased with my work on them. I'll try to get
over there in a day or so and take a few pictures.

I think the reindeer yard "art" for the dau-in-law will go well.
Found a page on making them, with some good pictures, so should be no
problem scaling them up. Dif find some "cheaper" plans, $13.90, each.
That'd still come to better then $30 for just the plans. No way am I
gonna buy plans. Those she can paint.

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

Posted to rec.woodworking

Is it Lawn Deer Season already?

Guess I should get out my plywood rifle and plywood shot gun and
get them ready - a little sanding, maybe a fresh coat of paint
and they'll be good to go. I do find the Day-Glo orange plywood
hunters vest a bit uncomfortable. Maybe I'll look into the new
inflatable plastic ones. Having a little flotation can come in
handy when stalking the elusive wild swamp lawn deer. Though
they taste a little gamier, if you dress them out right - and
smoke the best cuts properly - they still taste like wood.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

on 10/27/2007 3:58 PM charlieb said the following:
Is it Lawn Deer Season already?

Guess I should get out my plywood rifle and plywood shot gun and
get them ready - a little sanding, maybe a fresh coat of paint
and they'll be good to go. I do find the Day-Glo orange plywood
hunters vest a bit uncomfortable. Maybe I'll look into the new
inflatable plastic ones. Having a little flotation can come in
handy when stalking the elusive wild swamp lawn deer. Though
they taste a little gamier, if you dress them out right - and
smoke the best cuts properly - they still taste like wood.

charlie b

Don't use the inflatable deer hunter. The kids shoot holes in them with
pellet guns.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY