VisionSet

Default Java Exam Info Needed PLEASE HELP

"Vanessa BJ" wrote in message
om...
Hi. I am an amateur Java enthusiast. I currently work as a carpenter
and I moonlight on the weekends as a photographer. I'm trying to
transition a career change.

Which Java exam should I start with? Programmer? Or Developer?

How much of the exam will rely on memorization? How much will be from
programming skill? How do they measure my programming ability from one
exam?

You must do programmer 1st, passing it is a requirement for the developer
exam.
The programmer 1.4 version is less about memory that the 1.2 exam as some
big library specific stuff has been dropped (ie IO & GUI), but the
questions are probably a little more demanding, eg Threads.
The developer exam tests ability to put together your own design.
Programmer exam is multiple choice (with the odd short answer).
Developer is a no time limit project and an essay exam that tests your
critique of your design. But there are at least 3 options after programmer,
for instance there is Web Component Developer for J2EE.

http://suned.sun.com/US/certification/java/

--
Mike W

Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform 1.4 :-)
Self congratulation for a limited time only ;-)

Kevin

Mike,

Just out of curiosity, where does one go to take the Java Programmer Exam?
Is this something that can be done online? Or is it in a testing center?
Maybe one day I'll be confident enough to take this test :-)

Thanks,

Kevin

--
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson
later."
"VisionSet" wrote in message
"Vanessa BJ" wrote in message
[...]

VisionSet

"Kevin" wrote in message
Mike,

Just out of curiosity, where does one go to take the Java Programmer Exam?
Is this something that can be done online? Or is it in a testing center?
Maybe one day I'll be confident enough to take this test :-)

Sun have their tests administered through prometric they have affiliated
testing centres, mine was just 3 miles away, next closest was about 20 miles
away, so that gives you some idea of the spread.

http://www.2test.com/tcl/index.jsp

to get a list of centers

Paul Lutus wrote:

Vanessa BJ wrote:

Hi. I am an amateur Java enthusiast. I currently work as a carpenter
and I moonlight on the weekends as a photographer. I'm trying to
transition a career change.

Which Java exam should I start with? Programmer? Or Developer?

PLEASE EXPLAIN how this question is topical in:

rec.woodworking
rec.photo.digital
rec.photo.equipment.35mm

DO NOT CROSS-POST. Choose ONE newsgroup. Ask ONE question. Await a reply.

okay bitch