Jim and Jackie Instone

Default Cataract Bench Lathe Info Needed

I am restoring a Cataract Bench lathe that I just got. Anybody in this group
have any info on this lathe? Is there someone out there with one or know
anyone with one? Thank you.
Jim

jim rozen

In article , Jim and Jackie Instone says...

I am restoring a Cataract Bench lathe that I just got. Anybody in this group
have any info on this lathe? Is there someone out there with one or know
anyone with one? Thank you.

I've had a number of these, the one currently in my shop
needs to have the headstock bearings replaced and the
spindle hard-chromed and re-ground, but it's still a nice
machine:

http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gallery/files/Rozen,Jim/Nshop5.jpg

Do you have any specific questions?

Jim

please reply to:

Machineman

Try a google search next time :-)

http://www.lathes.co.uk/cataract/

--
James P Crombie
Slemon Park, PEI

http://www.jamescrombie.com

Gunner

On Sat, 8 May 2004 13:49:39 -0400, "Jim and Jackie Instone"
wrote:

I am restoring a Cataract Bench lathe that I just got. Anybody in this group
have any info on this lathe? Is there someone out there with one or know
anyone with one? Thank you.
Jim

Leigh at MarMachine may have some bits.

if he doesnt read this post. He is busy building
the Machinists Taj Mahal and Palatial Estate.

(and VERY nice it will be too )

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell