Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to control gunk from forming...

Hi all, I just wanted to know how you prevent the (deposits?) the gunk
from building up on the BACK of a Bandsaw Blade?
what have you used in the past?
thanks for your time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 17, 6:40 pm, Mr2A wrote:
Hi all, I just wanted to know how you prevent the (deposits?) the gunk
from building up on the BACK of a Bandsaw Blade?
what have you used in the past?
thanks for your time.

Mostly, you don't keep it from forming. Using well seasoned wood
helps, but every so often you need to wipe the blade down...not while
the saw is running and the blade is mounted, though.