Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Problems Cutting OSB

Somehow I'd never used OSB. Had seen how it was made on Modern
Marvels, and when I saw some in Lowes for $5+ for a 4X8 sheet, decided
I'd try it for the halloween yard art for the grand-dau.

Never saw stuff so hard to cut, much harder than plywood. But,
figured the sabre saw blade was old, and dull; looked OK, but tossed it
anyway, and put on a brand-new, never used, blade. Still like to beat
me to death cutting. Several days passed, and still not all the cutouts
cut out.

Later stopped at Wally-World to pick up a couple of things for the
dau-in-law, and saw some B&D Pirhana sabre saw blades. I'd gotten a
Pirhana blade for my small B&D circular saw quite awhile back.
Inexpensive, yes; work well, you bet. So decided to get a pack and try
'em; I didn't even know B&D made Pirhana sabre saw blades. They looked
about the same as my other new blade, except for the color, teeth seemed
the same. But cut like you would not believe. I cut out the last 3 1/2
cutouts a lot easier, and so much faster, than I did the first cutout
alone. I have no idea what the B&D guys did, but whatever it was, it
was good. If there's any B&D guys on here, ya dun good.

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

Later stopped at Wally-World to pick up a couple of things for the
dau-in-law, and saw some B&D Pirhana sabre saw blades. I'd gotten a
Pirhana blade for my small B&D circular saw quite awhile back.
Inexpensive, yes; work well, you bet. So decided to get a pack and try
'em; I didn't even know B&D made Pirhana sabre saw blades. They looked
about the same as my other new blade, except for the color, teeth seemed
the same. But cut like you would not believe. I cut out the last 3 1/2
cutouts a lot easier, and so much faster, than I did the first cutout
alone. I have no idea what the B&D guys did, but whatever it was, it
was good. If there's any B&D guys on here, ya dun good.

They probably renamed some of the DeWalt blades. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 15, 4:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
Somehow I'd never used OSB. Had seen how it was made on Modern
Marvels, and when I saw some in Lowes for $5+ for a 4X8 sheet, decided
I'd try it for the halloween yard art for the grand-dau.

Never saw stuff so hard to cut, much harder than plywood. But,
figured the sabre saw blade was old, and dull; looked OK, but tossed it
anyway, and put on a brand-new, never used, blade. Still like to beat
me to death cutting. Several days passed, and still not all the cutouts
cut out.

Later stopped at Wally-World to pick up a couple of things for the
dau-in-law, and saw some B&D Pirhana sabre saw blades. I'd gotten a
Pirhana blade for my small B&D circular saw quite awhile back.
Inexpensive, yes; work well, you bet.

Add my name to the list of Pirhana circular saw blade fans. They cut
fast & smooth, best of all they're cheap.

Posted to rec.woodworking

About what you'd expect compared to the off-brand blades from Big Lots.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:07:49 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

About what you'd expect compared to the off-brand blades from Big Lots.

Apparently some people just don't get sarcasm.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.