Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Did Powermatic make routers?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 1:12 pm, "Toller" wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

He says in the ad "PORTERCABLE MODEL #7839 ".

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:12:37 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

Not to my knowledge.

He lists it as a Porter Cable below the heading with model number.

A couple of years ago powermatic had a router lift built into the 66
extension table as a special edition. maybe his dealer threw in the
router (Porter Cable) and he is confused.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Toller" wrote in message
news
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

I believe that the PC router is really a Speedmatic. It has been around for
a long time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 5:16 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Toller" wrote in message

news
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

I believe that the PC router is really a Speedmatic. It has been around for
a long time.

....and a module gobbler... what a PITA that thing was.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 2:12 pm, "Toller" wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

He's saying Pentair bought Jet?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Oct 11, 2:12 pm, "Toller" wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He
replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

Here's another one to add to the mud... ;~)

http://www.epinions.com/Porter_Cable..._66_Shop_Tools

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ferd Farkel wrote:
On Oct 11, 2:12 pm, "Toller" wrote:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

He's saying Pentair bought Jet?

Powermatic is still owned by WMH Tool Group.

Black & Decker bought Pentair in 2004. From the Black & Decker's
"Company Information" web site:

"2004 - Black & Decker ® announce the purchase of the Tools Group from
Pentair, Inc. (NYSE: PNR) for approximately $775 million in cash. The
Tools Group, which includes the Porter-Cable, Delta, DeVilbiss Air
Power, Oldham Saw, and FLEX businesses, had sales of $1.08 billion and
operating profit of $82 million in 2003."

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:34:43 GMT, Nova wrote:

Ferd Farkel wrote:
On Oct 11, 2:12 pm, "Toller" wrote:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tls/445114336.html

I let this guy know he should be selling it as a Porter Cable. He replied
that it is a Powermatic.
I am confused.

He's saying Pentair bought Jet?

Powermatic is still owned by WMH Tool Group.

Correct. Jet is not a company but a brand owned by WMH as is
Powermatic, Performax, etc.

Black & Decker bought Pentair in 2004. From the Black & Decker's
"Company Information" web site:

A slight slip there. Black & Decker bought the "Pentair Tool Group",
not Pentair. Of course, those of us who still have a few shares of
Pentair stock are hoping and praying that someone will buy the rest of
the corporation and put us out of our misery.

Frank

2 Hp routers Max Woodworking 9 June 24th 07 06:34 AM
Routers howienineball Woodworking 17 December 2nd 06 02:26 AM
Routers again Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 0 January 6th 06 04:57 PM
Routers again Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 58 December 30th 05 02:58 PM
Value routers MattP UK diy 11 February 11th 04 08:32 PM