Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Wood Hauling Truck For Computer Geeks

http://www.artcaragency.com/popup.ph...lideshow&img=4

Kinda makes you wonder what peoples have got in mind, doesn't it?

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:36:05 -0400, (J T) wrote:

http://www.artcaragency.com/popup.ph...lideshow&img=4

Kinda makes you wonder what peoples have got in mind, doesn't it?

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

Just proves the saying of "Beware a geek bearing gifs"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

Do you think he has to wait one minute before he can restart the truck
and is his cup holder retractable? I do like the fact that it is
cordless.

Dave FL

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote in news:1191425513.978122.321870@
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Do you think he has to wait one minute before he can restart the truck
and is his cup holder retractable? I do like the fact that it is
cordless.

Dave FL

I thought about mounting a broken CD-ROM drive in a car and using it as a
cup holder. Press the button, and the cup holder comes out. Press it
again, and it goes away. Nice!

Hm... Wonder if there's room behind the dash in the truck. Maybe I can
borrow the mechanism and adjust it for that cup holder... :-)

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:06:21 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

Just proves the saying of "Beware a geek bearing gifs"..

Beware of geeks bearing wood...

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:

Do you think he has to wait one minute before he can restart the truck
and is his cup holder retractable? I do like the fact that it is
cordless.

Dave FL

No, but it does phone home and verify that his registration is valid; if
not, the truck won't start.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3 Oct, 16:33, Puckdropper wrote:
Dave wrote in news:1191425513.978122.321870@
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Do you think he has to wait one minute before he can restart the truck
and is his cup holder retractable? I do like the fact that it is
cordless.

Dave FL

I thought about mounting a broken CD-ROM drive in a car and using it as a
cup holder. Press the button, and the cup holder comes out. Press it
again, and it goes away. Nice!

Hm... Wonder if there's room behind the dash in the truck. Maybe I can
borrow the mechanism and adjust it for that cup holder... :-)

Puckdropper

I used to have an icon on my desktop that looked like a coffee cup
with a name of Cup Holder. I'd show it to friends/clients and watch
their faces when I clicked on it and my CD drive opened.

How geeky was *that*?

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote in
ups.com:

I used to have an icon on my desktop that looked like a coffee cup
with a name of Cup Holder. I'd show it to friends/clients and watch
their faces when I clicked on it and my CD drive opened.

How geeky was *that*?

Not quite as geeky as renaming /dev/cdrom to /dev/cupholder ;-)

(I haven't done it.)

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:36:05 -0400, J T wrote:

http://www.artcaragency.com/popup.ph...lideshow&img=4

Kinda makes you wonder what peoples have got in mind, doesn't it?

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

This guy works at the same company I do. Notice the log bumper on the
front of the truck. Before the circuit boards, he had the whole truck
stuccoed a peach color. The grill was turquoise painted sticks. I always
liked the stucco version better than the circuit boards. Of course I've
parked next to the truck and seen it up close.

dgadams
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:36:05 -0400, J T wrote:

http://www.artcaragency.com/popup.ph...lideshow&img=4

Kinda makes you wonder what peoples have got in mind, doesn't
it?

Yeah, but does it run linux?
How about a Beowolf cluster of these?
If it crashes, can you usee ctrl-alt-del to reboot?