Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Hitachi M12V speed control bypass

I posted awhile back about problems I was having with the speed control on
my Hitachi M12v. Specifically, that it wouldn't hold the speed it was set
at. Now the problem has gotten worse and it will slow down while in use
until the collet stops completely (while the power switch is on). I can set
it on the bench and 10,15, 20 seconds later, it will start up again (no it's
not a regular habit of mine to not switch things off, I'm just giving an
example).

Anyway, since the speed control is obviously shot, I'm looking to remove it.
I seem to remember that some others have done this from my previous post.
Can you offer any advice? There are three wires into the speed control.
One from the switch, one to the motor (I know what to do with these two) and
then a yellow, thinner mystery wire.

Any suggestions from folks who have done this before?

Thanks,

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

I called Hitachi. They (for some odd reason) neither recommend nor are
willing to offer any advice regarding rewiring any part of their router.
Something about liability.

Go figure.

jc

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Call Hitachi They have an 800 number.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I did that on mine when the speed control went out. Don't remember
exactly what wires went where. As I recall the small yellow wire is a
feedback wire into the controller and doesn't need to be hooked back
up to anything. The wire from the switch goes directly to the wire
from the motor. I just took to controller completely out and put a
piece of tape over the hole. Works fine although I don't use it a
whole lot.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Mike in Arkansas" wrote in message
ups.com...
I did that on mine when the speed control went out. Don't remember
exactly what wires went where. As I recall the small yellow wire is a
feedback wire into the controller and doesn't need to be hooked back
up to anything. The wire from the switch goes directly to the wire
from the motor. I just took to controller completely out and put a
piece of tape over the hole. Works fine although I don't use it a
whole lot.

Mike,

Thanks, that's what I did and it seems to work fine now. Interestingly
enough, the speed control must have limited max revs because it *seems* to
run faster now. Then again, that may be my imagination since it probably
hasn't run at top speed since the electronics started going bad which was
some time ago.

Thanks again.

Joe

Dewalt DW423 - Bypass Speed Control - Convert to Single Speed baumgrenze Woodworking 9 March 23rd 21 09:51 PM
how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control? [email protected] Electronics Repair 125 July 17th 20 07:12 PM
Hitachi M12V Frogger Woodworking 4 August 1st 06 03:26 AM
Hitachi M12V Sticking Jim Vidler Woodworking 4 January 22nd 05 04:10 AM
Hitachi M12v question Toller Woodworking 9 December 30th 03 12:35 PM