Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman 3D Sander on sale for 10 bucks today only

If anyone's been thinking about trying one of those, I noticed on the
Sears site just now that they're on sale for under 10 bucks today
(9/29/07) only.

At that price I may just go pick one up--for ten bucks how bad can it
be?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
If anyone's been thinking about trying one of those, I noticed on the
Sears site just now that they're on sale for under 10 bucks today
(9/29/07) only.

At that price I may just go pick one up--for ten bucks how bad can it
be?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Sounds overpriced.

Everytime I ask myself "how bad can it be", I get an answer. It's never the
right one.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:
If anyone's been thinking about trying one of those, I noticed on the
Sears site just now that they're on sale for under 10 bucks today
(9/29/07) only.

At that price I may just go pick one up--for ten bucks how bad can it
be?

I bought a Ryobi a couple years ago, on sale for $9 at Home Depot. I
heard they weren't much good, but figured for the price...

Totally worthless. Vibrates in your hand real nice, but doesn't
transfer much if any motion to the sandpaper. Most of it's sanding
seems to come from moving the machine back and forth versus it's effort.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
If anyone's been thinking about trying one of those, I noticed on the
Sears site just now that they're on sale for under 10 bucks today
(9/29/07) only.

At that price I may just go pick one up--for ten bucks how bad can it
be?

$10 sounds cheap until you consider the gas you burn going to get it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Save your 10 bucks. This is quite possibly the most worthless tool ever
made. I one got one for free so this is not quite as drastic as it would be
for a tool that was bought and paid for, but it is the only
still-functioning tool I have ever just thrown in the trash.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:
If anyone's been thinking about trying one of those, I noticed on the
Sears site just now that they're on sale for under 10 bucks today
(9/29/07) only.

At that price I may just go pick one up--for ten bucks how bad can it
be?

It uses special sanding disks and follows the Gillette business model (or
Epson if you want to be modern):

Give away the razor and sell the blades.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

If anyone's been thinking about trying one of those, I noticed on the
Sears site just now that they're on sale for under 10 bucks today
(9/29/07) only.

At that price I may just go pick one up--for ten bucks how bad can it
be?

It uses special sanding disks and follows the Gillette business model (or
Epson if you want to be modern):

Give away the razor and sell the blades.

I got one of their packs of many disks at practically nothing when the
local

Sears Hardware store closed. I think it will be a lifetime supply
considering

how little value there is in the tool. I actually tried it for sanding the
hull of a wooden ship model - not heavy duty sanding and should have
been the right tool given the curved surfaces. Had the disks (the
plastic piece - not the sandpaper) pop off. Went back to hand sanding.
SAve the $10
John