Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fence clamp

Has anyone tried one of these?
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...essory%20fence

Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of
the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially
if it's only needed for the width of one brand of fence.

Mike O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike O." wrote in message
Has anyone tried one of these?

A couple of 1/4-20 flat head bolts got the job done for me.

Even using S/S, was less than $1, including fender washers.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike O." wrote in message
Has anyone tried one of these?
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...essory%20fence

Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of
the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially
if it's only needed for the width of one brand of fence.

Mike O.

I bought a pair but have not used them yet. I got a 20% discount so mine
were only $11.19. Certainly worth the cost over my time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Mike O. wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these?
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...essory%20fence

Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of
the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially
if it's only needed for the width of one brand of fence.

Mike O.

They look OK, but the fence on my saw has some holes drilled all the way
through. I use them to attach various jigs and accessories, some
with wing nuts & through bolts, some with just a simple wood screw
through the fence hole and into the jig. The latter works great for
one-time jigs and the bolt or screw through the fence is even much
less obtrusive the the clamp in the Rockler link.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 27, 11:57?pm, Mike O. wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these?http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...essory%20fence

Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of
the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially
if it's only needed for the width of one brand of fence.

Mike O.

I've used a pair of similar clamps, I made from a uiseless craftsman
universal jig.
They work great. I use them on my Bies. fence, when I'm usiong the
router, in the ext. table. I have 3 different sized cutouts for
different router bits, and just slide the fence, until it lines up and
tighten the clamps.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike O." wrote in message
Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of
the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially
if it's only needed for the width of one brand of fence.

And that's what I did. My rendition of these clamps using regular clamps has
been posted to ABPW.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 27, 11:57?pm, Mike O. wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these?http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...essory%20fence

Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of
the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially
if it's only needed for the width of one brand of fence.

Mike O.

Here is a picture of my shop built ones.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/DSCN0141.jpg