Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Celtic Piano Music Stand

"asmurff" wrote in message
For those who asked to keep up with the progress on the replacement piano
stand I'm going to attempt to make, here is the initial design. Sorry I
drew it full size and haven't figured out how to put the three scans into
on pic yet, so a photo of the drawing will have to do for now.

It looks really nice, but short. My average music book is 12" tall and some
are taller. Nothing worse than the top half of your book flopping away from
you when you're playing. And very often I need to spread out many pages of
music, so I don't like it when the stand isn't long enough. But if you're
making a replacement then you've got existing constraints.

Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished!

- Owen -

Posted to rec.woodworking

I used the old one's outer dimensions it is 28 inches across and 7-1/2
inches at it's tallest point. Across I'm constrained by the existing
attaching points, height probably only by proportion, the piano is a short
upright.

Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying

Celtic Knots Hal Woodturning 0 September 6th 05 11:50 PM
Thanks for all the help! -- some pics of my music stand mark Woodworking 12 December 19th 04 03:21 PM
Music stand Tim Schubach Woodworking 10 December 5th 04 12:30 AM
Music stand k Woodworking 2 June 19th 04 05:03 AM