Posted to rec.woodworking

Default plans for wooden mannequin

We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont
have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links:
http://www.alldressforms.com/df-imag...annequin/3.jpg
(picture)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlqQSMifqk (video)

Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans
measurements or whatever, but i have been unable to find anything.
Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood or anthing like that, im gonna
do a 3d computer model, but still im getting nowhere whitout some
hints to the proportions of the various parts of the dummy.

Anyway, hope you can help.

Regards and excuse my bad english

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood

Your going to seize a Latin mannequin?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
| We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont
| have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links:

http://www.alldressforms.com/df-imag...-mannequin/3.j
pg
| (picture)
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlqQSMifqk (video)
|
| Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans
| measurements or whatever, but i have been unable to find anything.
| Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood or anthing like that, im gonna
| do a 3d computer model, but still im getting nowhere whitout some
| hints to the proportions of the various parts of the dummy.
|
| Anyway, hope you can help.
|
| Regards and excuse my bad english

Your English is not bad. You could probably get a good start by
tracking down Leonardo da Vinci's famous drawing of a human figure
inscribed in a circle. I did a quick Google image search on "Leonardo
da Vinci"+proportion and found a number of web pages with images like:

http://revolvingpaintdream.com/leonardo.jpg

Some of those web pages might have the numeric proportions you're
looking for...

HTH

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
| We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont
| have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links:

http://www.alldressforms.com/df-imag...-mannequin/3.j
pg
| (picture)
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlqQSMifqk (video)
|
| Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans
| measurements or whatever, but i have been unable to find anything.
| Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood or anthing like that, im gonna
| do a 3d computer model, but still im getting nowhere whitout some
| hints to the proportions of the various parts of the dummy.
|
| Anyway, hope you can help.
|

| Regards and excuse my bad english

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Sep., 09:29, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
wrote:

| We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont
| have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links:
|http://www.alldressforms.com/df-imag...-mannequin/3.j
pg
| (picture)
|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlqQSMifqk(video)
|
| Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans
| measurements or whatever, but i have been unable to find anything.
| Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood or anthing like that, im gonna
| do a 3d computer model, but still im getting nowhere whitout some
| hints to the proportions of the various parts of the dummy.
|
| Anyway, hope you can help.
|

| Regards and excuse my bad english

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Thanks for the answers, i liked the davinci ideam but i dont think it
will be enough as its pretty much 2d, but i will chech it out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Google SketchUp's 3D Warehouse has something that you might want to see.
Here's the link for their wooden mannequin:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...&prevs tart=0
If that link doesn't work, go to SketchUp's home page and click on 3D
warehouse, and then search for mannequin.
Link to all mannequins at 3D warehouse:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...=Search&styp=m
Link to SketchUp's 3D Warehouse: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse
Link to Google's Free 3D software download page: http://sketchup.google.com/

--
Trees are good. Dead or alive. www.rusticwoodworking.com

oups.com...
wrote:

| We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont
| have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links:
|http://www.alldressforms.com/df-imag...-mannequin/3.j
pg
| (picture)
|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlqQSMifqk(video)
|
| Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans
| measurements or whatever, but i have been unable to find anything.
| Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood or anthing like that, im gonna
| do a 3d computer model, but still im getting nowhere whitout some
| hints to the proportions of the various parts of the dummy.
|
| Anyway, hope you can help.
|

| Regards and excuse my bad english

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Thanks for the answers, i liked the davinci ideam but i dont think it
will be enough as its pretty much 2d, but i will chech it out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Here's the link for their wooden mannequin:http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...9f4ddafa05b346...
Link to all mannequins at 3D warehouse:http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...in&btnG=Search...
Link to SketchUp's 3D Warehouse:http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse
Link to Google's Free 3D software download page:http://sketchup.google.com/

--
Trees are good. Dead or alive. www.rusticwoodworking.com

oups.com...

wrote:

| We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont
| have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links:
|http://www.alldressforms.com/df-imag...-mannequin/3.j
pg
| (picture)
|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlqQSMifqk(video)
|
| Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans
| measurements or whatever, but i have been unable to find anything.
| Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood or anthing like that, im gonna
| do a 3d computer model, but still im getting nowhere whitout some
| hints to the proportions of the various parts of the dummy.
|
| Anyway, hope you can help.
|

| Regards and excuse my bad english

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Thanks for the answers, i liked the davinci ideam but i dont think it
will be enough as its pretty much 2d, but i will chech it out.- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Could one ask for more?
Not only did you provide exactly what i needed, you provided the best
possible solution!
Thank you very very much!

Regards