Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default plans for wooden mannequin

wrote:
| We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont
| have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links:

http://www.alldressforms.com/df-imag...-mannequin/3.j
pg
| (picture)
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlqQSMifqk (video)
|
| Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans
| measurements or whatever, but i have been unable to find anything.
| Im no actually gonna carpe it in wood or anthing like that, im gonna
| do a 3d computer model, but still im getting nowhere whitout some
| hints to the proportions of the various parts of the dummy.
|
| Anyway, hope you can help.
|
| Regards and excuse my bad english

Your English is not bad. You could probably get a good start by
tracking down Leonardo da Vinci's famous drawing of a human figure
inscribed in a circle. I did a quick Google image search on "Leonardo
da Vinci"+proportion and found a number of web pages with images like:

http://revolvingpaintdream.com/leonardo.jpg

Some of those web pages might have the numeric proportions you're
looking for...

HTH

--
Morris Dovey