Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wainscotting, plywood, and sheetrock

When you are starting from framed walls and you plan on using some kind of
wainscoting, how would you seal the joint between the sheetrock above and
the plywood below?

Thanks,
Patrick

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"Patrick" wrote in message
.. .
When you are starting from framed walls and you plan on using some kind of
wainscoting, how would you seal the joint between the sheetrock above and
the plywood below?

Thanks,
Patrick

I would cover the entire wall with sheetrock. Then, I would apply
wainscotting. Finally, I would cover the edge of the wainscotting with
stair rail.
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Patrick" wrote in message
When you are starting from framed walls and you plan on using some kind of
wainscoting, how would you seal the joint between the sheetrock above and
the plywood below?

Put the drywall on first, then put the wainscoting on top of the drywall.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 14, 10:36 am, "Swingman" wrote:
"Patrick" wrote in message
When you are starting from framed walls and you plan on using some kind of
wainscoting, how would you seal the joint between the sheetrock above and
the plywood below?

Put the drywall on first, then put the wainscoting on top of the drywall.

to be more precise, drywall the whole wall, all of the way to the
floor. then install the wainscot. and as Tom said, chair rail is a
good way to trim the top of the wainscot

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you for your collective advice. I've been doing more reading than
doing along the lines of trim work and it seems that when it came down to
doing it . . . I ended up with a few more questions than I started with.

For five years I've been staring at these basement walls waiting until the
money and time both came together at the same time to do the build out. The
beer has been set aside and replaced with a saw, hammer, and a trusty
measuring tape.

Thanks again,
Patrick

I'll post some pictures when there is something to show. As of now, I'm
pretty proud of the work being my first.