Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bentwood (laminated) scooter

I guess it's time to stop lurking and ask a question...

A friend built this project about 10 years ago for his grandkids and
recently had to make a presentation on laminating so he brought

this project as an example. Now other woodworkers want his plan, but He
can't find it. He thinks it was from an issue of Shopnotes

around 1998-99. I looked through all my magazines with no success, and also
online, but they (Shopnotes, at least) don't go back that far.

Anyone remember a plan like this? I can post a picture in the other
newsgroup if that will help.

Thanks,

Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks, Jeff for the comeback...I'll post some pics on monday as he has
company this weekend. Hopefully, he'll remember what magazine it came from
by then.

"JeffB" wrote in message
If you call the August Home (Shopnotes) folks, they will copy single
articles for you from back issues before 1999... It will help if you know
the issue # you want.
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

darat7 wrote:
I guess it's time to stop lurking and ask a question...

A friend built this project about 10 years ago for his grandkids and
recently had to make a presentation on laminating so he brought

this project as an example. Now other woodworkers want his plan, but He
can't find it. He thinks it was from an issue of Shopnotes

around 1998-99. I looked through all my magazines with no success, and
also online, but they (Shopnotes, at least) don't go back that far.

Anyone remember a plan like this? I can post a picture in the other
newsgroup if that will help.

Thanks,

Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've written to Woodsmith magazine asking form help and an address that I
might send them a picture.
I don't believe it would have been in Shopnotes which is mostly shop stuff

"darat7" wrote in message
. ..
I've posted a couple of pictures of the scooter in the abpw newsgroup. Any
help will be appreciated.

"darat7" wrote in message
. ..
I guess it's time to stop lurking and ask a question...

A friend built this project about 10 years ago for his grandkids and
recently had to make a presentation on laminating so he brought

this project as an example. Now other woodworkers want his plan, but He
can't find it. He thinks it was from an issue of Shopnotes

around 1998-99. I looked through all my magazines with no success, and
also online, but they (Shopnotes, at least) don't go back that far.

Anyone remember a plan like this? I can post a picture in the other
newsgroup if that will help.

Thanks,

Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

WoodsmithStore.com Customer Service Question

Thank you for writing us. Unfortunately we have not done a project like
this.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best regards,
Katie

I'm trying to find a plan for a laminated scooter for a fellow woodworker in
the rec.woodworking newsgroup. He thinks it was Shopsmith about 10 years
ago. But, i think it might have been Woodsmith. He's posted a picture for
those of us willing to help. Is it anything that may be in one of your back
issues? If I could email the picture to another address, maybe that would
help. Thank You.

"darat7" wrote in message
. ..
I've posted a couple of pictures of the scooter in the abpw newsgroup. Any
help will be appreciated.

. ..