Posted to rec.woodworking
ron ron is offline

Default jointer

Haven't been out to my shop for a while. While shaking off the rust
(woodworking is definitely a perishable skill), I noticed something odd
about my jointer.
After making a couple passes on the edge of an oak board, the leading
edge has more wood removed than the trailing edge.
I checked the outfeed table and it is the same height as the knives.
I am sure, as usual, I am overlooking the obvious, but I would
appreciate any suggestions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 6, 9:21 pm, "ron" wrote:
Haven't been out to my shop for a while. While shaking off the rust
(woodworking is definitely a perishable skill), I noticed something odd
about my jointer.
After making a couple passes on the edge of an oak board, the leading
edge has more wood removed than the trailing edge.
I checked the outfeed table and it is the same height as the knives.
I am sure, as usual, I am overlooking the obvious, but I would
appreciate any suggestions.

Are the tables coplanar?

Posted to rec.woodworking
ron ron is offline

I do not have a straight edge long enough to span the entire length of the
jointer. However with the infeed table raised to it's top position, the
tables do seem to be adjusted correctly.
I have to admit, in the back of my mind, I have this nagging thought that it
may be a loose nut pushing the wood.

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

Hi Ron,
Try lowering the outfeed table just a hair. If you get snipe at the
trailing edge end you have lowered it too far. Cheers, JG