Ron Headon

Default Axminster Router - AW635R - Anyone Used One?

I'm thinking of upgrading my little Bosch 400w router (yes, I know!) for
something with a little more power. The Axminster catalogue advertises a
quarter-inch machine (the AW635R) for just £44.94 which seems to be amazing
value for money. What's more, I've even used one of these machines and it
seems the real deal. Does anyone else have one? Any comments or
recommendations? What would the AW127R (quarter-inch and half-inch collets
and twice the price) give me in real terms? I'd put myself in the hobby
category so whichever machine I buy I'm not likely to be flogging it to
death - although as a woodturner I'll almost certainly want to use it in
conjunction with a wood lathe.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Ron Headon
Swindon, England

Noel Hegan

"Ron Headon" wrote in message ...
I'm thinking of upgrading my little Bosch 400w router (yes, I know!) for
something with a little more power. The Axminster catalogue advertises a
quarter-inch machine (the AW635R) for just £44.94 which seems to be amazing

snip,snip,snip...

Ron,

Suggest you post your question on

http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/

Axminster don't market their products in North America.
On UKWorkshop you should get an answer pretty quickly.
Rgds

Noel

noel dot hegan at virgin dot net

Question about using a router PoP UK diy 6 January 5th 04 01:20 PM
Router for router table Todd Fatheree Woodworking 12 September 11th 03 09:30 PM
Bosch 1617 Router combo Leon Woodworking 7 September 7th 03 07:32 PM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 10:05 PM
need help! Router bit problem (i'm a total newbie) Woody Woodworking 11 August 28th 03 07:26 AM